Recovery Act - High Desert District Rawlins Field Office WLCI - Muddy Creek Enhancements
The summary for the Recovery Act - High Desert District Rawlins Field Office WLCI - Muddy Creek Enhancements grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Recovery Act - High Desert District Rawlins Field Office WLCI - Muddy Creek Enhancements: A. Project Background Information: The Muddy Creek watershed is important habitat for BLM sensitive fish and birds, multiple big game species, and for ESA listed fish species downstream in the mainstem Yampa and Colorado River ecosystems. Livestock grazing, drought, energy development and associated surface disturbances contribute to riparian, erosion, and stream channel stability conditions that are the focus of fisheries, rangeland and watershed restoration efforts. B. Project Objective:Improved shrub communities would increase soil and water holding capacity, provide resident and migratory songbird habitat, create shade and cover for aquatic species, and provide more stable water temperatures. Dogwood, water birch, golden currant, and willow seedlings would be planted to enhance riparian areas. Serviceberry and chokecherry saplings would be planted in upland sites to enhance wildlife habitat. C. Statement of Joint Objectives/Project Management Plan: This project would enhance the publics wildlife and fisheries habitats by increasing the abundance, diversity and age class distribution of woody riparian and mountain shrubs in the Muddy Creek watershed. D. Period of Project: June 2010 through May 2012
|Federal Grant Title:||Recovery Act - High Desert District Rawlins Field Office WLCI - Muddy Creek Enhancements|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Recovery Act|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||L10AS00114|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resource Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 10, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 10, 2010|
|Posted Date:||May 28, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jun 04, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Aug 31, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$8,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$8,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$8,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Category Explanation
- Recovery Act project
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This Funding Announcement is not a request for applications. This announcement is to provide public notice of the Bureau of Land Managements intention to fund the following project activities without full and open competition due to the unique qualifications of the recipient. The UCEPC has a similar climate to the Rawlins Field Office project area and exclusively grows 100% native plants for restoration and reclamation projects.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Ilze J Karklins-Powers, Grants Management Officer, 307-775-6293 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM OR WA 2018 Master Species Conservation
- • BLM ORWA 2018 Master Fish and Wildlife Restoration Access
- • BLM NV 2018 Fish, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Resources Programs
- • BLM MT/DAK Native Fish Study in SW MT
- • MT/DAK Sportsman Access and Habitat Restoration
- • Aerial Surveys
- • Rare Plant Inventories in Montana
- • Aplomado Falcon Restoration Project
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands