Recreational Programs, CFDA 84.128J
The summary for the Recreational Programs, CFDA 84.128J grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Recreational Programs, CFDA 84.128J: -Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. Purpose of Program: The purpose of the Recreational Programs is to provide individuals with disabilities with recreational activities and related experiences to aid in their employment, mobility, socialization, independence, and community integration. The local recreation projects that are funded under this program will continue after Federal assistance ends. Pursuant to 34 CFR 369.42(a), Recreational Programs must provide services in the same manner as services provided under the State plan for vocational rehabilitation services under 34 CFR 361. Under the State plan vocational rehabilitation services must be provided to assist individuals with disabilities, including youths with disabilities transitioning from school to work, to achieve an employment outcome; therefore, services provided under Recreational Programs also must be directed to these adults and transitioning youths. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.128J. Applications for grants under the Recreational Programs, CFDA number 84.128J, must be submitted electronically using the Governmentwide Grants.gov Apply site at http://www.grants.gov. Through this site, you will be able to download a copy of the application package, complete it offline, and then upload and submit your application. You may not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to us. You may access the electronic grant application for Recreational Programs at http://www.grants.gov. You must search for the downloadable application package for this competition by the CFDA number. Do not include the CFDA number's alpha suffix in your search (e.g., search for 84.128, not 84.128J). The telephone number for the Grants.gov Helpdesk is 1800-518-4726.
|Federal Grant Title:||Recreational Programs, CFDA 84.128J|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-022309-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Rehabilitation Services_Service Projects|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 24, 2009 Appli|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 24, 2009 Appli|
|Posted Date:||Feb 23, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Feb 23, 2009|
|Archive Date:||May 24, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||7|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: States, public agencies, and nonprofit private organizations.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton ED Grants.gov FIND System Admin. Phone (202) 245-6140 email@example.com Program Manager: Ed Hofler U.S. Department of Education 400 Maryland Avenue, SW., room 5065 Potomac Center Plaza (PCP) Washington, DC 20202-2800 Telephone: (202) 245-7377 or by e-mail:
e-Mail: Program Manager [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Rehabilitative Services: Migrant and Seasonal Farmworkers Program CFDA 84.128G
- • Migrant and Seasonal Farmworkers Program CFDA 84.128G
- • Recreational Programs (FY 2007) CFDA 84.128J
- • Migrant and Seasonal Farmworkers Program (FY 2007) CFDA 84.128G
- • Recreational Program
- • Migrant and Seasonal Farmworkers Program
- • Recreational Programs
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Minority Science and Engineering Improvement Prog...
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Upward Bound Program CFDA Number 84.047A
- • Office of innovation and Improvement (OII): Investing in Innovation (I3) Fund: Development...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Preschool Development Grants: Prescho...
- • Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education (OCTAE): Performance Partnership Pilots (...