Reducing Risks for an Alcohol-Exposed Pregnancy (AEP) in High Risk Women Attending Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) Clinics in Urban Settings
The summary for the Reducing Risks for an Alcohol-Exposed Pregnancy (AEP) in High Risk Women Attending Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) Clinics in Urban Settings grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Reducing Risks for an Alcohol-Exposed Pregnancy (AEP) in High Risk Women Attending Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) Clinics in Urban Settings: The purpose of the program is to reduce alcohol-exposed pregnancies by supporting and establishing the capacity of STD programs in public health departments to 1) implement and evaluate the Project CHOICES Intervention model for reducing risks for an alcohol-exposed pregnancy (AEP) in high risk women during the preconception period; 2) develop a data collection and monitoring system to evaluate changes in alcohol use of patients, evaluate effective contraception use, to determine reduced risk for AEP and other relevant sociodemographic information including risks associated with AEP ; and 3) develop a report describing how the CHOICES intervention model was modified or tailored to fit STD clinics, process and outcome evaluation measures, and lessons learned from implementation of the project.
|Federal Grant Title:||Reducing Risks for an Alcohol-Exposed Pregnancy (AEP) in High Risk Women Attending Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) Clinics in Urban Settings|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-DD09-908|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention_Investigations and Technical Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 08, 2009 Lette|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 08, 2009 Lette|
|Posted Date:||Apr 09, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Apr 09, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Jul 08, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$275,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this funding opportunity are listed below: Eligible applicants are the 65 official public health agencies that are current recipients of project cooperative agreements for Comprehensive STD Prevention Systems. Only one application from each Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) and/or Metropolitan Division with a population not less than 2 million may be submitted. The agency determined to be the applicant for the Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) and/or Metropolitan Division may apply for funding under the eligibility requirements. Once that agency is determined, no other agency within that Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) and/or Metropolitan Division can submit an application. The official public health agencies that are identified as Eligible Applicants must collaborate to determine the most appropriate applicant. A Bona Fide Agent is an agency/organization identified by the state as eligible to submit an application under the state eligibility in lieu of a state application. If applying as a bona fide agent of a state or local government, a letter from the state or local government as documentation of the status is required. Attach with "Other Attachment Forms" when submitting via www.grants.gov.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office Technical Information Management Phone 770-488-2700
PGO Technical Information Management [PGOTIM@cdc.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Improving Detection and Management of Glaucoma and Other Eye Diseases Among High Risk Popu...
- • TREST
- • Sustaining the Expansion of the Overseas Health Assessment and Management of U.S.-Bound Re...
- • National Partnerships to Promote Cancer Surveillance Standards and Support Data Quality an...
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2