Regional Centers of Excellence for Biodefense and Emerging Infectious Diseases Research (RCE) [U54]
The summary for the Regional Centers of Excellence for Biodefense and Emerging Infectious Diseases Research (RCE) [U54] grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Regional Centers of Excellence for Biodefense and Emerging Infectious Diseases Research (RCE) [U54]: Purpose: The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to continue support for the Regional Centers of Excellence for Biodefense and Emerging Infectious Diseases Research (RCE) Program. The overall goal of the RCE Program is to establish and maintain strong infrastructure and multifaceted research and development activities to provide scientific information and translational research capacity that will facilitate the next generation of therapeutics, diagnostics and vaccines against the NIAID Category A-C Priority Pathogens (http://www3.niaid.nih.gov/topics/BiodefenseRelated/Biodefense/default.htm) and emerging infectious diseases (EID) agents (http://www3.niaid.nih.gov/research/topics/emerging/list.htm). Mechanism of Support: This FOA will use the NIH Specialized Centers Cooperative Agreement funding mechanism (U54). Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards: The NIAID expects to commit approximately $91 million in FY 2009 to support up to 10 awards in the range of $3 million to 12 million direct costs per year each. Awards issued under this FOA are contingent upon the availability of funds and the submission of a sufficient number of meritorious applications.
|Federal Grant Title:||Regional Centers of Excellence for Biodefense and Emerging Infectious Diseases Research (RCE) [U54]|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-AI-08-002|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 03, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Dec 21, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Dec 21, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Jul 04, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$91,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Small businesses Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Biomedical Prevention of HIV Research Education (R25)
- • Partnerships for Next Generation Biodefense Diagnostics (R01)
- • National Biocontainment Laboratories (NBLs) Operations Support Limited Competition (UC7)
- • Partnerships for Development of New Therapeutic Classes for Select Viral and Bacterial Pat...
- • Non-Antibiotic Selectable Markers for Biodefense (R21)
- • Partnerships to Improve Diagnosis and Treatment of Selected Drug-Resistant Healthcare-Asso...
- • Cooperative Research Partnerships for Biodefense (U01)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering Pediatric New Therapeutic Uses f...
- • Environmental influences on Placental Origins of Development (ePOD) (R01)
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Pre-application for the NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Early Phase Clinical Trials in Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions (R01)