Reimbursement of Travel and Subsistence Expenses for Living Organ Donation
The summary for the Reimbursement of Travel and Subsistence Expenses for Living Organ Donation grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Reimbursement of Travel and Subsistence Expenses for Living Organ Donation: This is a demonstration program to assess the feasibility of providing funds to eligible entities for the purpose of providing for reimbursement of travel and subsistence expenses incurred toward living organ donation. The intent of the program is to provide for the reimbursement for travel and subsistence expenses to donating individuals when these individuals are likely to be otherwise unable to meet such expenses. The four goals of this demonstration program are to: (1) assist an eligible entity in the implementation of an effective and efficient plan to provide assistance to individuals donating their organs; (2) identify the medical and non-medical benefits and risks of reimbursement to donating individuals and recipients alike; (3) assess the impact of this program on the number of living donors; and (4) assess the impact on access to living donation by recipients of lower socio-economic status.
|Federal Grant Title:||Reimbursement of Travel and Subsistence Expenses for Living Organ Donation|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-05-139|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Grants to Increase Organ Donations|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 08, 2005|
|Posted Date:||Jul 07, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Jul 07, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Oct 08, 2005|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants include public and private entities such as foundations or professional societies that can work with transplant programs in providing the funds to potential donors. Faith-based and community-based organizations are eligible to apply for these grants.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772;301-998-7373 or email CallCenter@HRSA.GOV CallCenter@HRSA.GOV
- Similar Government Grants
- • Social and Behavioral Interventions to Increase Organ Donation
- • Public Education Efforts to Increase Solid Organ Donation
- • Social and Behavioral Interventions to Increase Solid Organ Donation
- • Social and Behavioral Interventions to Increase Organ and Tissue Donation
- • Clinical Interventions to Increase Organ Procurement
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Maternal and Child Environmental Health Collaborative Improvement and Innovation Network (...
- • Centers of Excellence (COE)
- • Maternal and Child Environmental Health Network
- • Advanced Nursing Education Workforce (ANEW) Program
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part B AIDS Drug Assistance Program Training and Technical Ass...