Request for Information - HBCU/MI Quantum Sciences Research Capabilities
The summary for the Request for Information - HBCU/MI Quantum Sciences Research Capabilities grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Defense, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Request for Information - HBCU/MI Quantum Sciences Research Capabilities: DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE Research and Education Program for Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Minority-Serving Institutions (HBCU/MI) REQUEST FOR DESCRIPTION OF RESEARCH CAPABILITIES NOTE: This is a Request for Information (RFI) for planning purposes. This is not a solicitation for a contract or grant award. Information submitted in response to this RFI does not constitute an offer or proposal to create an award by the Government. The Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)) is interested in assessing the research capabilities of Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Minority-Serving Institutions (HBCU/MI) in the area of quantum science. Based on the responses to this RFI, the Department of Defense (DoD) may issue a funding opportunity call against the HBCU/MI Research and Education Program Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) published on Grants.gov under funding opportunity number W911NF-19-S-0013. The responses to this RFI for description of research capabilities do not commit DoD to issue a funding opportunity; however, HBCU/MI are encouraged to respond to this request so that DoD can gauge their current capabilities. For purposes of gauging capabilities in quantum science, only responses from HBCU/MIs will be considered. All respondents other than HBCUs and Tribal Colleges and Universities must include with the description of their research capabilities, a copy of their current (Fiscal Year 2019 dated November 2018 or later) letter of designation from the United States Department of Education certifying eligibility for Title III or Title V assistance under the Higher Education Act of 1965 (20 U.S.C. 1051 et seq.). Any inquiries/questions regarding this RFI must be emailed to the address below by Wednesday, November 20, 2019. All Description of Research Capabilities responses to this RFI must be emailed to: email@example.com NLT 4:00 P.M. Eastern Time, December 5, 2019. Late responses may not be considered.
|Federal Grant Title:||Request for Information - HBCU/MI Quantum Sciences Research Capabilities|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Defense (DOD)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||W911NF-19-S-0013-RFI-01|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||December 5th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||December 5th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||October 24th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||October 24th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||January 4th, 2020|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$5,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$5,000,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||October 23rd, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- As provided in 10 U.S.C. § 2362, eligibility for this competition is open only to “covered educational institutions,” which are defined as: b. institutions of higher education eligible for assistance under Title III or V of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (20 U.S.C. 1051 et seq.); or c. accredited post-secondary minority institutions. d. Eligible applicants include community colleges or other 2-year degree granting institutions meeting the definition of a “covered educational institution.”
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Ms. Evelyn Kent
Director, DOD HBCU/MI Program and Outreach OUSD(R&E)/RT&L
OUSD(R&E)/RTL HBCU/MI Mailbox
- Similar Government Grants
- • Minerva Research Initiative
- • Department of Defense Research and Education Program for Historically Black Colleges and U...
- • Fiscal Year 2020 Department of Defense Basic Research Program for Historically Black Colle...
- • 2019 ERDC Broad Agency Announcement
- • FY 06 Department of Defense (DoD) Infrastructure Support Program for Historically Black Co...
- • 2006 Pathogen and Toxin Concentration Systems for Water Monitoring Broad Agency Announceme...
- • FY04 Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program
- More Grants from the Department of Defense
- • Minerva Research Initiative
- • Health Services Research (HSR)
- • Fy19 Acquisition Research Program