Research Innovation and Development Grants in Economics (RIDGE)
The summary for the Research Innovation and Development Grants in Economics (RIDGE) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Economic Research Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Research Innovation and Development Grants in Economics (RIDGE): The Food Assistance and Nutrition Research Program (FANRP) of USDA's Economic Research Service (ERS) announces the recompetition of the grants that fund partner institutions to administer the Research Innovation and Development Grants in Economics (RIDGE) Program.The competition (1) provides renewed focus on economic aspects of food and nutrition assistance research, (2) stimulates new and innovative research on domestic food and nutrition assistance issues, (3) further broadens the network of social scientists who collaborate in expanding the understanding of the economic, nutrition, and health outcomes of participation in USDA's food assistance programs as well as the issues surrounding program implementation and delivery, and (4) achieves cost savings through consolidation of RIDGE Centers from the previous five institutions to two institutions.
|Federal Grant Title:||Research Innovation and Development Grants in Economics (RIDGE)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Economic Research Service|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture Food and Nutrition Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RIDGE2010001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Research Innovation and Development Grants in Economic (RIDGE)|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 15, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 15, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Jul 09, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Jul 09, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Oct 15, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- David Smallwood Deputy Dir for Food Asst. Res. Phone 202-694-5466
- More Grants from the Economic Research Service
- • Request for Applications for Competitive Grant Award To Establish a USDA RIDGE Center for ...
- • Competitive Grant To Establish a USDA Center for Behavioral and Experimental Agri-Environm...
- • Competitive Grant to Establish a USDA Center for Behavioral Economics and Healthy Food Cho...
- • Food Assistance and Nutrition Research Program (FY2011)
- • Economics of Markets for Agricultural Greenhouse Gases