Research and Analysis for North Atlantic Right Whale Monitoring and Evaluation of Management Actions
The summary for the Research and Analysis for North Atlantic Right Whale Monitoring and Evaluation of Management Actions grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Commerce, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Research and Analysis for North Atlantic Right Whale Monitoring and Evaluation of Management Actions: NOAA Fisheries Service (NMFS) developed the Atlantic Large Whale Take Reduction Plan (Plan) in consultation with the Atlantic Large Whale Take Reduction Team (Team) to reduce the serious injury and mortality of several large whale species in U.S. commercial fisheries along the Atlantic coast. The Plan primarily addresses entanglement of the critically endangered North Atlantic right whale (Eubalaena glacialis), although other large whale species expected to also benefit. The Plan has several monitoring components, including research priorities on: 1) identification of specific metrics for quantifying right whale abundance, trends in abundance, and trajectory of the population; 2) based on these metrics, determine most appropriate right whale survey and sampling methods/regimes to monitor the population and to detect and measure changes in population abundance; 3) Assess relative effectiveness of right whale threat-reduction measures; 4) identify most appropriate sampling and survey methods to assess possible changes in right whale distribution; and 5) Strategic evaluation of right whale assessment methods – appropriate balance of visual (vessel/aerial) surveys, passive acoustic moorings, gliders, and other assessment techniques. We are soliciting competitive proposals for grants and cooperative agreements that work to address any of the five monitoring priorities identified above. Total funding available under this notice is expected not to exceed $150,000. Actual funding availability for this program is contingent upon FY 2017 Federal appropriations. Award amounts will be determined by the proposals and available funds; one or more grants may be awarded.
|Federal Grant Title:||Research and Analysis for North Atlantic Right Whale Monitoring and Evaluation of Management Actions|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Commerce (DOC)|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOAA-NMFS-GARFO-2017-2005044|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||November 15th, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||November 15th, 2016|
|Posted Date:||September 9th, 2016|
|Creation Date:||September 9th, 2016|
|Archive Date:||December 15th, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$150,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||September 9th, 2016|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are individuals, institutions of higher education, non-profits, commercial organizations, state, local and Indian tribal governments. Federal agencies, or employees of Federal agencies, are not eligible to apply.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Lanni Hall
55 Great Republic Dr.
Gloucester, MA 01930.
- Similar Government Grants
- • Species Recovery Grants to States (Section 6 Program)
- • Species Recovery Grants to Tribes
- • FY20 Bluefin Tuna Research Program
- • Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit Broad Agency A...
- • 2019 Bycatch Reduction Engineering Program
- • Protected Species Cooperative Conservation
- • Proactive Species Conservation Program
- More Grants from the Department of Commerce
- • National Sea Grant College Program 2020 Special Projects
- • Accelerate R2 Network Challenge - FINAL
- • Environmental Literacy Grants: Supporting the education of K-12 students and the public fo...
- • National Competitive Harmful Algal Bloom Programs
- • 2020 Pacific Northwest Bay-Watershed Education and Training