Research in Innovative Approaches to Fusion Energy Sciences
The summary for the Research in Innovative Approaches to Fusion Energy Sciences grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Headquarters, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Research in Innovative Approaches to Fusion Energy Sciences: The Office of Fusion Energy Sciences (OFES) of the Office of Science (SC), U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), announces its intention to conduct a special review of the research in innovative approaches to fusion energy sciences. All university or industry individuals or groups planning to submit applications for renewal or new funding in Fiscal Year 2006 should submit in response to this Notice. In addition, the OFES requests the following projects to submit renewal applications as part of this special review: (1) The Helically Symmetric Experiment (HSX) at the University of Wisconsin - Madison and (2) The Levitated Dipole Experiment (LDX) at MIT and Columbia University. Mail reviews and a panel review are being planned for this special review. This special review is necessitated in part by a reduction of funding (of approximately $2M per year) in the program. If additional funds should become available later, which would reverse the anticipated ICC funding shortfall, the two special projects, namely HSX and LDX, would then be exempted from the final review. The OFES Innovative Confinement Concepts (ICC) Program has the long-term performance measure of demonstrating enhanced fundamental understanding of magnetic confinement and improved basis for future burning plasma experiments through research on magnetic confinement configuration optimization. The program is focused on resolving key scientific issues and determining the confinement characteristics of a range of attractive confinement configurations. Applications for research on the large fusion facilities (DIII-D, Alcator C-Mod, NSTX, MST, NCSX), or initiatives in Inertial Fusion Energy and High Energy Density Physics should not be submitted in response to this notice. OFES may also solicit applications from time to time under separate announcements of Initiatives to support coordinated, goal-directed community efforts. These Initiatives will be funded to achieve specific programmatic and scientific aims and will be subject to requirements that are different from those of this notice. Such grants, if funded, will be subject to periodic reviews of progress. ATTENTION: Applicants must use the forms in Grants.gov -- DO NOT use the forms listed below.
|Federal Grant Title:||Research in Innovative Approaches to Fusion Energy Sciences|
|Federal Agency Name:||Headquarters|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DE-FG01-05ER05-09|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Office of Science Financial Assistance Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 23, 2005|
|Posted Date:||Apr 07, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Apr 07, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Aug 11, 2005|
|Total Program Funding:||$6,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Contact the DOE Contract Officer with questionsregarding the funding opportunity Laura.Scott@science.doe.gov Laura Scott
- Similar Government Grants
- • Research and Development for Next Generation Neutrinoless Double Beta Decay Technology (R&...
- • Atmospheric System Research Program
- • SBIR/STTR FY2017 Phase I Release 1
- • Early Career Research Program
- • Measurement Innovations for Magnetic Fusion Systems
- • Atmospheric Radiation Measurement Program
- • Integrated Assessment of Climate Change Research
- • Nonlinear Responses to Global Change in Linked Aquatic and Terrestrial Ecosystems and Effe...
- More Grants from the Headquarters
- • U.S-India Joint Clean Energy Research and Development Center
- • State Heating Oil And Propane Program (shopp)
- • Request for Information (RFI) – Office of Technology Transitions
- • U.S.-China Clean Energy Research Center: Energy and Water
- • Traveler Response Architecture using Novel Signaling for Network Efficiency in Transportat...