Research in Primary Vicarious Calibration of Ocean Color Satellite Sensors
The summary for the Research in Primary Vicarious Calibration of Ocean Color Satellite Sensors grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Research in Primary Vicarious Calibration of Ocean Color Satellite Sensors: The National Environmental Satellite, Data, and Information Service's (NESDIS) Center for Satellite Applications and Research (STAR) announces the availability of Federal assistance in the research area of ocean color satellite sensor calibration and validation. Eligible applicants are encouraged to submit a proposal that will improve the vicarious calibration and validation capabilities of a Marine Optical Buoy (MOBY) system located in Hawaii. The goal of these improvements is to provide climate-quality time-series of normalized water-leaving radiances across multiple agency missions and ocean color satellite sensors and to prepare for the next-generation of ocean color missions. The total amount of money available for this solicitation is anticipated to range from $700,000 to $1,300,000. STAR will award only one applicant from this budget.
|Federal Grant Title:||Research in Primary Vicarious Calibration of Ocean Color Satellite Sensors|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Education Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NESDIS-NESDISPO-2008-2001000|
|Type of Funding:||Grant Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Sciences, Applications, Data, and Education|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 28, 2007 Proposals must be received by 4 p.m.|
|Posted Date:||Jul 04, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Jul 04, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Oct 28, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,300,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$700,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are U.S. institutions of higher education, other non-profits, commercial organizations, and state, local and Indian tribal governments.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Steve Drescher
email@example.com Contact if you have a problem downloading application forms.
- Similar Government Grants
- • JCSDA - 2015 Research in Satellite Data Assimilation for Numerical Environmental Predictio...
- • JCSDA - 2013 Research in Satellite Data Assimilation for Numerical Environmental Predictio...
- • Climate Data Record Program Office for 2011
- • Satellite Climate Data Record Program for 2010
- • Cooperative Institute for Satellite Meteorology
- • Research in Satellite Data Assimilation for Numerical Weather, Climate, and Environmental ...
- • Scientific Data Stewardship Project Office for 2009
- • Cooperative Institute for Satellite Climate Studies
- More Grants from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- • NOAA Regional Ocean Partnership Funding Program - FY2013 Funding Competition
- • NOAA Great Lakes Habitat Restoration Regional Partnership Grants
- • FY 2013 Coastal and Marine Habitat Restoration Project Grants
- • Great Lakes Areas of Concern Land Acquisition Grants
- • 2009 Fisheries Extension Transition