Research on Autism and Autism Spectrum Disorders (R21)
The summary for the Research on Autism and Autism Spectrum Disorders (R21) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Research on Autism and Autism Spectrum Disorders (R21): -This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) solicits Exploratory/Developmental (R21) grant applications for the support of research designed to elucidate the diagnosis, epidemiology, etiology, genetics, treatment, and optimal means of service delivery in relation to Autistic Disorder ("autism") and autism spectrum disorders (Rett's Disorder, Childhood Disintegrative Disorder, Asperger's Disorder, Pervasive Developmental Disorder-Not Otherwise Specified, or "Atypical Autism"). Basic, clinical, and applied studies are encouraged. -This FOA is meant to support the broad research goals of the Autism Research Matrix (http://www.nimh.nih.gov/autismiacc/researchmatrix.pdf) -This FOA will utilize the Exploratory/Developmental (R21) grant mechanism and runs in parallel with FOAs of identical scientific scope that solicit applications under the small research grant (R03) mechanism as stated in PA-06-391 and the NIH Research Project Grant (R01) as stated in PA-06-390. Applicants for the R03 and R01 awards must follow the guidelines for submission in their respective announcements. -Awards issued under this FOA are contingent upon the availability of funds and the submission of a sufficient number of meritorious applications. -Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the mechanism numbers, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received. -The total project period for an application submitted in response to this funding opportunity may not exceed two years. Direct costs are limited to $275,000 over an R21 two-year period, with no more than $200,000 in direct costs allowed in any single year. -Eligible organizations: For profit organizations; Non-profit organizations; Public or private institutions, such as universities, colleges, hospitals and laboratories; Units of State government; Units of local government; Eligible institutions of the Federal government; Domestic institutions; Foreign institutions; Faith-based or community-based organizations; Indian/Native American Tribal Government (Federally Recognized); Indian/Native American Tribal Government (Other than Federally Recognized); and Indian/Native American Tribally Designated Organization. -Eligible Project Directors/Principal Investigators (PD/PIs): Any individual with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research is invited to work with their institution to develop an application for support. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are always encouraged to apply for NIH support. -Applicants may submit more than one application, provided each application is scientifically distinct.
|Federal Grant Title:||Research on Autism and Autism Spectrum Disorders (R21)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services Education Health Environment|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-06-392|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Biological Response to Environmental Health Hazards 93.115 Biometry and Risk Estimation_Health Risks from Environmental Exposures|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||May 04, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Sep 19, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Dec 05, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.173 -- Research Related to Deafness and Communication Disorders|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Special district governments County governments Independent school districts Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) City or township governments Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Public and State controlled institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) State governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...