Researchon Clinical Decision Makingin Life-Threatening Illness (R01)
The summary for the Researchon Clinical Decision Makingin Life-Threatening Illness (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Researchon Clinical Decision Makingin Life-Threatening Illness (R01): Purpose. This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) seeks to stimulate research on the decision-making processes made by persons faced with life-threatening illness. These illnesses are ones that almost always lead to death in a fairly short period of time if left untreated, but may be chronic or even cured if dealt with early in the disease process. An example of a life-threatening illness that may be chronic for some years would be HIV infection when treated. An example of a life-threatening illness that may be cured in its early stages would be breast cancer. Decision-making can occur from the point of adopting preventive behaviors through the end of life. Examples of such decisions could include participating in an HIV vaccine clinical trial, testing for genetic disorder, choosing a treatment intervention vs. watchful waiting (as in early stage prostate cancer), choosing a treatment intervention among several options, joining a therapeutic clinical trial, or making end-of-life care decisions.
|Federal Grant Title:||Researchon Clinical Decision Makingin Life-Threatening Illness (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-07-062|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Nursing Research 93.395 Cancer Treatment Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Nov 20, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Nov 20, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Feb 02, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Special district governments Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education State governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Independent school districts Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) City or township governments County governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...