Ryan White Part A HIV Emergency Relief Grant Program
The summary for the Ryan White Part A HIV Emergency Relief Grant Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Ryan White Part A HIV Emergency Relief Grant Program: Part A of the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Treatment Modernization Act authorizes grants for primary medical care, access to antiretroviral therapies and other core serves and support services to Eligible Metropolitan Areas (EMAs) and Transitional Grant Areas (TGAs). Part funds may be used to provide a contiuum of care for people living with HIV disease who are primarily low income, underserved, uninsured and underinsured. The grants fund systems of care to provide 13 core medical services and other additional support services for individuals living with HIV/AIDS in EMAs and TGAs. Over 66% of the funds available are awarded according to a formula based on the estimated number of living cases of HIV (non AIDS) and AIDS cases in the EMA/TGA. The remaining funds, less any hold harmless amounts are awarded as discretionary supplmental grants based on the demonstration of additional needs by the EMA/TGA and separate competition.
|Federal Grant Title:||Ryan White Part A HIV Emergency Relief Grant Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-10-031|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||HIV Emergency Relief Project Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 30, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 30, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Sep 11, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Sep 11, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Dec 28, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$671,075,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||56|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Grantees that were classified as an EMA or as a TGA in FY 2007 are eligible to apply for these funds. EMA and TGA continue their eligibility for these funds so long as they meet the statutory requirements. Areas must meet the statutory incidence requirements (cumulative AIDS cases reported to and confirmed by the Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention during the most recent period of calendar years for which such data are available). For an EMA, this is more than 2,000 AIDS cases, and for a TGA, this is at least 1,000, but fewer than 2,000 AIDS cases. In the alternative, areas can retain their eligibility by meeting the savings provisions of the Ryan White Program legislation. That is, they must not have fallen below, for three consecutive years, the required incidence levels already specified AND required prevalence levels (cumulative total of living cases of AIDS reported to and confirmed by the Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as of December 31 of the most recent calendar year for which such data are available). For an EMA, this is 3,000 living cases of AIDS, and for a TGA, this is 1,500 living cases of AIDS. Areas are notified by letter when they fall within the savings provisions of the Ryan White Program legislation.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772;301-998-7373 or email [CallCenter@HRSA.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A HIV Emergency Relief Grant Program
- • Strengthening and Improving the HIV Care Continuum within Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part...
- • HIV Care Program Part A HIV Emergency Relief Grant Program
- • Opportunity HRSA-11-062
- • HIV Emergency Relief Grant Program Title I
- • HIV Emergency Relief Project Grants
- • HIV Emergency Relief Project Grants (EMRPG)
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Health Information Technology Capacity Building for the Integration of Medicaid and Ryan W...
- • Poison Center Network Service Area Competition
- • Optimizing Family Support for Families of Children with or at-risk for Congenital Zika Vir...
- • Maternal and Child Health Research Network Program Children with Special Health Care Needs...
- • Maternal and Child Health Collaborative Office Rounds (MCH COR)