SAMHSA Dissertation Grants: Support for Analyses in Substance Abuse
The summary for the SAMHSA Dissertation Grants: Support for Analyses in Substance Abuse grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Applied Studies, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
SAMHSA Dissertation Grants: Support for Analyses in Substance Abuse: The purpose of the program is to expand the number of researchers who conduct high-quality substance abuse services research, the study of how various factors (social, financial, organizational, and personal) affect the need for and access to substance abuse treatment, the quality and cost of substance abuse treatment, and, ultimately, health and well being. The research domains are individuals, families, organizations, institutions, communities and populations. Funded projects may address topics including the organization, financing and delivery of substance abuse prevention and treatment services, and the need for such services, as well as methodological advances in health services research methods applicable to the study of substance abuse issues. In addition, attention to substance abuse issues in racial/ethnic minority populations, women, children and families, older adults, low income groups, the homeless, those in rural settings, and persons with mental illness is encouraged. Topics of special interest include the factors affecting the supply of services, the cost effectiveness of prevention and treatment services, barriers to access to care, and alternative sources of treatment such as the criminal justice system and faith-based organizations. Given the program?s focus, submission of proposals involving secondary analyses of existing data sources is encouraged, while submission of clinical research proposals is discouraged. In addition to developing a cadre of researchers capable of producing high-quality substance abuse services research, one of the goals of the program is to promote secondary analyses of data collected by SAMHSA, although secondary analyses of other relevant data sets is acceptable.
|Federal Grant Title:||SAMHSA Dissertation Grants: Support for Analyses in Substance Abuse|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Applied Studies|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-04-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services_Projects of Regional and National Significance|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 01, 2004|
|Posted Date:||Mar 26, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Jul 01, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Apr 26, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$150,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$30,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Duffy, Sarah, Senior Economist, SAMHSA Office of Applied Studies, Phone (301) 443-8565 , Email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Duffy, Sarah
- Similar Government Grants
- • Recovery Community Services Program-Statewide Network (Short Title: RCSP-SN)
- • Cooperative Agreements for Tribal Behavioral Health (Short Title: Native Connections)
- • Linking Actions for Unmet Needs in Children's Health in American Indian and Alaskan Native...
- • Grants to Expand Substance Abuse Treatment Capacity in Family Treatment Drug Courts [Short...
- • Cooperative Agreement for the Provider's Clinical Support System - Medication Assisted Tre...
- • Grants to Expand Substance Abuse Treatment Capacity in Targeted Areas of Need
- • State Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment Coordination
- • Circles of Care III: Tribal Infrastructure Grants for Transforming Behavioral Health Servi...
- More Grants from the Office of Applied Studies
- • SAMHSA Dissertation Grants: Support for Analyses in Substance Abuse (Modified Announcement...