SAMHSA Dissertation Grants: Support for Analyses in Substance Abuse
The summary for the SAMHSA Dissertation Grants: Support for Analyses in Substance Abuse grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of the Administrator, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
SAMHSA Dissertation Grants: Support for Analyses in Substance Abuse: SAMHSA s Office of Applied Studies is accepting applications for Fiscal Year 2003 grants to support dissertation research involving data analysis on substance abuse services issues. The purpose of the program is to expand the number of researchers who conduct high-quality substance abuse services research, the study of how various factors (social, financial, organizational, and personal) affect the need for and access to substance abuse treatment, the quality and cost of substance abuse treatment and, ultimately, health and well being. Who can apply: Students registered and in good standing at an accredited academic doctoral degree program (e.g., Ph.D., Sc.D., or Dr.P.H.), which requires a dissertation based on original research, may apply. The student must apply through a public or private nonprofit institution that will administer the grant on his or her behalf. The dissertation must examine in a quantitative way a problem or issue in the area of substance abuse. Students in such fields as sociology, psychology, biostatistics, epidemiology, economics, policy, management, medicine, nursing, public health or health services research are especially encouraged to apply. Est. Funds for FY 2003: $150,000 Est. No. of Awards: 5 awards in FY 2003 ranging from $20,000 to $30,000 in total costs (direct and indirect). Actual funding levels will depend on the availability of funds. The amount of funds available will depend on the appropriation. Applications with proposed budgets that exceed total costs of $30,000 per year will be returned without review. Project period: Awards may be requested for a period not to exceed 2 years. The second year of the award will depend on the availability of funds and progress achieved.
|Federal Grant Title:||SAMHSA Dissertation Grants: Support for Analyses in Substance Abuse|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of the Administrator|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||OA-03-003|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services_Projects of Regional and National Significance|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 02, 2003 Applications received after July 2 m|
|Posted Date:||Apr 24, 2003|
|Creation Date:||Aug 01, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Aug 01, 2003|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Morey, Rich, Webmaster, Phone 301-443-8561, Fax 301-443-9050, Email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Morey, Rich
- Similar Government Grants
- • Recovery Community Services Program-Statewide Network (Short Title: RCSP-SN)
- • Cooperative Agreements for Tribal Behavioral Health (Short Title: Native Connections)
- • Linking Actions for Unmet Needs in Children's Health in American Indian and Alaskan Native...
- • Grants to Expand Substance Abuse Treatment Capacity in Family Treatment Drug Courts [Short...
- • Cooperative Agreement for the Provider's Clinical Support System - Medication Assisted Tre...
- • Grants to Expand Substance Abuse Treatment Capacity in Targeted Areas of Need
- • State Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment Coordination
- • Circles of Care III: Tribal Infrastructure Grants for Transforming Behavioral Health Servi...
- More Grants from the Office of the Administrator
- • Community Outreach and Assistance Partnership Program
- • Targeted Capacity Expansion Program for Substance Abuse Treatment and HIV/AIDS Services
- • Adopt/Expand Effective Adolescent Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment
- • CSAT Practice Improvement Collaborative Cooperative Agreements: Strengthening Treatment Ac...