School-Based Interventions to Prevent Obesity (R21)
The summary for the School-Based Interventions to Prevent Obesity (R21) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
School-Based Interventions to Prevent Obesity (R21): -This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) encourages the formation of partnerships between academic institutions and school systems in order to develop and implement controlled, school-based intervention strategies designed to reduce the prevalence of obesity in childhood. This initiative also encourages evaluative comparisons of different intervention strategies, as well as the use of methods to detect synergistic interactions between different types of interventions. -This FOA will use the Exploratory/Developmental Grant (R21) award mechanism. The R21 is not renewable. -The R21 mechanism is intended to encourage new exploratory and developmental research projects and/or exploration of novel hypotheses and strategies. For example, such projects could assess the feasibility of a novel area of investigation or a new experimental system. These projects should be exploratory and novel, and distinct from the type of project supported through the traditional R01.As an applicant you will be solely responsible for planning, directing, and executing the proposed project.
|Federal Grant Title:||School-Based Interventions to Prevent Obesity (R21)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Food and Nutrition Education Income Security and Social Services Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-06-417|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Minority Health and Health Disparities Research 93.361 Nursing Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||May 23, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Sep 18, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Feb 07, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.393 -- Cancer Cause and Prevention Research|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- County governments For profit organizations other than small businesses Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities City or township governments Private institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education State governments Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Special district governments Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Independent school districts Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply. Applicants may submit more than one application, provided each application is scientifically distinct.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...