Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Opportunities in the Workforce System Initiative
The summary for the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Opportunities in the Workforce System Initiative grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Employment and Training Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Opportunities in the Workforce System Initiative: The Employment and Training Administration (ETA), U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), announces the availability of approximately $10 million in grant funds for the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Opportunities in the Workforce System Initiative (STEM Initiative). These grants will be awarded through a two-phased competitive process to primarily expand and align current and new STEM workforce education and training strategies, activities, and resources in One Stop Career Centers to promote, attract, and prepare disadvantaged youth and dislocated workers for STEM careers, while simultaneously enhancing the competitive position of local and regional employers.
|Federal Grant Title:||Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Opportunities in the Workforce System Initiative|
|Federal Agency Name:||Employment and Training Administration|
|Grant Categories:||Employment Labor and Training|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||SGA-DFA-PY-07-03|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||H-1B High Growth Job Training Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 11, 2008 This competition will be implemented|
|Posted Date:||Jan 15, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Feb 19, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Apr 10, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$10,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,500,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- An individual workforce investment board (WIB), representing a regional consortium of WIBs, is the eligible applicant. A WIB must submit an application on behalf of a specific, defined multi-county economic region comprised of various workforce investment areas that make up the consortium and demonstrate responsibility for administering the project. The application must demonstrate that the consortium of WIBs representing the region serve in partnership with this applicant, and should do so by submitting a letter of commitment in Phase I from each of the WIBs in the partnership. If the defined region is a rural area or a portion of a state whereby only one WIB exists, this exception must be explained in the Technical Proposal in Phase I. The grant application form (SF 424) should contain the information of the WIB that is serving as the grant recipient and must be signed by a duly authorized official.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Marsha Daniels
Grants Management Specialist
Phone 2026933504 Daniels.Marsha@dol.gov Marsha Daniels
- Similar Government Grants
- • Strengthening Working Families Initiative
- • Tech Hire Partnership Grants
- • Comprehensive Program of Support for American Apprenticeship Initiative Grantees
- • American Apprenticeship Initiative
- • H1-B READY TO WORK PARTNERSHIP GRANTS
- • Workforce Innovation in Regional Economic Development (WIRED) Initiative - Third Generatio...
- • High Growth Job Training Initiative Grants for the Long-Term Care Sector of the Health Car...
- • High-Growth Job Training Initiative Grants for the Energy Industry and Construction and Sk...
- More Grants from the Employment and Training Administration
- • Reemployment & System Integration Dislocated Worker Grants
- • Department Of Labor Research And Evaluation Grants
- • Portable Retirement Benefits Planning
- • Linking To Employment Activities Pre-release Through Specialized American Job Centers (ajc...
- • Training to Work 3 - Adult Reentry , FOA-ETA-15-07-A