Service Area Competition
The summary for the Service Area Competition grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Service Area Competition: The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) administers the Health Center Program as authorized by section 330 of the Public Health Service (PHS) Act, as amended (42 U.S.C. 254b). Health centers improve the health of the Nation's underserved communities and vulnerable populations by ensuring access to comprehensive, culturally competent, quality primary health care services. Health Center Program grants support a variety of community-based and patient-directed public and private nonprofit organizations that serve an increasing number of the Nation's underserved. Individually, each health center plays an important role in the goal of ensuring access to services, and combined, they have had a critical impact on the health care status of medically underserved and vulnerable populations throughout the United States and its territories. Targeting the Nation's neediest populations and geographic areas, the Health Center Program currently funds more than 1,200 health centers that operate more than 8,500 service delivery sites in every state, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and the Pacific Basin. In 2011, more than 20 million medically underserved and uninsured patients received comprehensive, culturally competent, quality primary health care services through the Health Center Program. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) solicits applications for the Health Center Program's Service Area Competition-Additional Area (SAC-AA). The FOA details the eligibility requirements, review criteria, and awarding factors for organizations seeking a grant for operational support of an announced service area under the Health Center Program, including Community Health Center (CHC - section 330(e)), Migrant Health Center (MHC - section 330(g)), Health Care for the Homeless (HCH - section 330(h)), and/or Public Housing Primary Care (PHPC - section 330(i)). For the purposes of this document, the term "health center" refers to the diverse types of health centers (i.e., CHC, MHC, HCH, and /or PHPC) supported under section 330 of the PHS Act, as amended.
|Federal Grant Title:||Service Area Competition|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-13-254|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Consolidated Health Centers (Community Health Centers, Migrant Health Centers, Health Care for the Homeless, Public Hous|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 10, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 10, 2012|
|Posted Date:||September 10th, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Sep 10, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Dec 08, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,912,275|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Public or nonprofit private entities, such as tribal, faith-based or community-based organizations.
- Grant Announcement Contact
Contact HRSA Contact Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772 or email [CallCenter@HRSA.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Service Area Competition-Additional Areas (SAC-AA)-Bishop, CA and Jackson, MI
- • Service Area Competition-Additional Area (SAC-AA) - Pago Pago, American Samoa
- • Service Area Competition-Additional Areas (SAC-AA)-Bishop, CA; Worcester, MA; Baltimore, M...
- • Expanded Medical Capacity
- • Service Area Competitions
- • New Access Points in Programs Funded Under the Health Centers Consolidation Act of 1996
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care