Service Area Competition
The summary for the Service Area Competition grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Service Area Competition: This announcement solicits applications for the Health Center Program's Service Area Competition (SAC). The Health Center Program supports patient-directed public and private nonprofit organizations that provide primary and preventive health care services to the Nation's medically underserved. The purpose of the SAC funding opportunity is to ensure continued access to comprehensive, culturally competent, quality primary health care services for communities and vulnerable populations currently served by the Health Center Program.
|Federal Grant Title:||Service Area Competition|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration (HHS-HRSA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-18-027|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||November 20th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||November 20th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||September 21st, 2017|
|Creation Date:||September 21st, 2017|
|Archive Date:||January 27th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$246,700,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||85|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||September 25th, 2017|
- Category Explanation
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Public or nonprofit private entity, as demonstrated through the submission of the Evidence of Non-profit/Public Center Status outlined in Section IV.2.vii. Faith-based and community-based organizations, Tribes, and tribal organizations are eligible to apply.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration
Contact Beth Hartmayer at (301)594-4300 or email BPHCSAC@hrsa.gov
- Similar Government Grants
- • Service Area Competition-Additional Areas (SAC-AA)-Bishop, CA and Jackson, MI
- • Service Area Competition-Additional Area (SAC-AA) - Pago Pago, American Samoa
- • Service Area Competition-Additional Areas (SAC-AA)-Bishop, CA; Worcester, MA; Baltimore, M...
- • Expanded Medical Capacity
- • Service Area Competitions
- • New Access Points in Programs Funded Under the Health Centers Consolidation Act of 1996
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care