Service Area Competitions
The summary for the Service Area Competitions grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Service Area Competitions: Health Center Program grants support a variety of community-based and patient-directed public and private nonprofit organizations that serve an increasing number of the Nation's underserved. Individually, each health center plays an important role in the goal of ensuring access to services, and combined, they have had a critical impact on the health care status of medically underserved and vulnerable populations throughout the United States and its territories. Targeting the Nation's neediest populations and geographic areas, the Health Center Program currently funds more than 1,100 health centers that operate more than 8,100 service delivery sites in every State, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and the Pacific Basin.
|Federal Grant Title:||Service Area Competitions|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-12-102|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Consolidated Health Centers (Community Health Centers, Migrant Health Centers, Health Care for the Homeless, Public Hous|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 19, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 19, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Jun 14, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jun 20, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Nov 17, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$65,962,452|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||24|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- 1) Applicant is a public or nonprofit private entity, such as a tribal, faith-based, or community-based organization. 2) Applicant proposes to serve a service area and its associated population(s) identified in the Service Area Announcement Table available at http://www.hrsa.gov/grants/apply/assistance/sac, including: -A current Health Center Program grantee whose project period ends on, or after, October 31, 2011 and before October 1, 2012 that seeks to continue serving its current service area. -A health center not currently funded through the Health Center Program that seeks to serve an entire announced service area. -A current Health Center Program grantee that seeks to serve an entire announced service area in addition to its current service area. 3)Applicant submits only one application for consideration under a single SAC announcement number. Note: An applicant wishing to apply to serve two different service areas announced under a single announcement number must contact the Office of Policy and Program Development 4)Applicant requests section 330 funds to support the operation of a health center for the provision of required comprehensive primary, preventive, enabling, and additional health care services either directly on-site or through established arrangements without regard to ability to pay. An applicant may not propose to provide only a single service, such as dental, behavioral, or prenatal health services. 5)Applicant proposes access to services for all individuals in the service area or target population. In other words, applicant does not propose to exclusively serve a single age group (e.g., children, elderly) or health issue/disease category (e.g., HIV/AIDS). In instances where a sub-population is being targeted within the service area or target population (e.g., homeless children, adolescents/children in schools), the applicant must ensure that health care services will be made available to others in need of care who seek services at the proposed site(s). 6)Applicant requests annual Federal section 330 funding (as presented on the SF-424A) that DOES NOT exceed the established cap of section 330 funding available to support the announced service area and its designated population(s). 7)Applicant adheres to the 150-page limit on the length of the application when printed by HRSA. See Tables 2-5 for specific information regarding the documents included in the 150-page limit.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772;301-998-7373 or email [CallCenter@HRSA.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Service Area Competition
- • Expanded Medical Capacity
- • New Access Points in Programs Funded Under the Health Centers Consolidation Act of 1996
- • Health Center Consortia Opportunity
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care