Service Area Competitions-Additional Areas
The summary for the Service Area Competitions-Additional Areas grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Service Area Competitions-Additional Areas: The Health Center Program, as authorized by section 330 of the Public Health Service (PHS) Act, promotes the development and operation of community-based primary health care service systems in medically underserved areas and improves the health status of medically underserved populations. The purpose of this activity is to continue to support comprehensive primary and preventive health care service delivery to areas where the existing sectinon 330 grantee's continuation application was not approved. It is expected that each application submitted to serve one of these areas will represent a clear focus on maintaining access to care and reducing health disparities identified in the existing community and target population. All applicants are expected to demonstrate compliance with the requirements for the specific type of health center for which funding is requested. Requirements are found in section 330(e) of the PHS Act for Community Health Centers; section 330(g) for Migrant Health Centers; section 330(h) for Health Care for the Homeless Centers: and section 330(i) for Public Housing Primary Care Centers.
|Federal Grant Title:||Service Area Competitions-Additional Areas|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-09-214|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Consolidated Health Centers (Community Health Centers, Migrant Health Centers, Health Care for the Homeless, Public Hous|
|Current Application Deadline:||Feb 16, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 16, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Jan 15, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Jan 15, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Mar 31, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Public and non-public private entities, including tribal, faith-based and community-based organizations purposing to serve the existing defined areas are eligible to apply for this funding. Applicants are expected to demonstrate compliance with the requirements found in section 330(e) of the PHS Act for Community Health Centers. Additional Eligibility requirements will be included in the application materials. Public and non-public private entities, including tribal, faith-based and community-based organizations purposing to serve the existing defined areas are eligible to apply for this funding. Applicants are expected to demonstrate compliance with the requirements found in section 330(e) of the PHS Act for Community Health Centers. Additional Eligibility requirements will be included in the application materials.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA (877-464-4772);301-998-7373 or email [CallCenter@HRSA.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Service Area Competition
- • Expanded Medical Capacity
- • Service Area Competitions
- • New Access Points in Programs Funded Under the Health Centers Consolidation Act of 1996
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care