Shelter for Afghan Returnees in Support of the Government of Afghanistan's Land Distribution Pilot Projects
The summary for the Shelter for Afghan Returnees in Support of the Government of Afghanistan's Land Distribution Pilot Projects grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Shelter for Afghan Returnees in Support of the Government of Afghanistan's Land Distribution Pilot Projects: The following guidelines are issued specifically for proposals for shelter projects designed to support the Government of Afghanistans (GOA) land distribution pilot project.OVERVIEW: Afghan-related shelter proposals must be received by PRM no later than March 17, 2006. Proposals received after this date will not be considered. Applicants are encouraged to submit their proposals as soon as possible.BACKGROUND: Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai recently signed an order that provides land to landless returning refugees and IDPs who return to their province of origin. In Kabul Province, the GOA wants to ensure that over 2,500 landless families, currently living in temporary shelter, receive their own shelters in 2006. Approximately 1,000 of these families are originally from Kabul and will be settled at Bari Kab. The remaining families will be assisted in returning to their place of origin. In Logar, Nangarhar, Herat, and Balkh Provinces, the GOA is surveying sites and selecting beneficiaries for land distribution. PROPOSAL FOCUS AND GUIDANCE: These projects are intended to provide permanent integrated shelter for displaced Afghans on land donated by the GOA in the provinces of Kabul, Logar, Nangarhar, Herat, and Balkh. PRM is seeking proposals that would provide integrated shelter for the over 2,500 landless families in Kabul Province and for approximately 1,000 vulnerable families from the beneficiary population in Logar, Nangarhar, Herat, and Balkh Provinces. Proposals should focus on the viability of the settlements and pay particular attention to the needs of vulnerable individuals, including female heads of household, the disabled, and families with children. Proposals must present evidence of coordination with UNHCR and other lead international organizations, as well as the Afghan government.
|Federal Grant Title:||Shelter for Afghan Returnees in Support of the Government of Afghanistan's Land Distribution Pilot Projects|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PRMANE-06-CA-003-ANE-021706|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Overseas Refugee Assistance Programs for Near East and South Asia|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 17, 2006|
|Posted Date:||Feb 17, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Jun 23, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Apr 16, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Proposals must present evidence of coordination with UNHCR and other lead international organizations, as well as the Afghan government.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Martha Amlin
Phone 202-663-1037 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY 2016 Notice of Funding Opportunity for NGO programs benefiting refugees and other vulne...
- • FY 2016 Request for Concept Notes for NGO Programs Benefiting Benefitting Refugees and Oth...
- • FY2015 Notice of Funding Opportunity for NGO Programs Benefitting Tibetan Refugees in Sout...
- • FY 2015 Notice of Funding Opportunity for NGO programs benefiting Sri Lankan refugees and ...
- • FY 2015 Funding Opportunity Announcement for NGO programs benefiting Afghan Returnees and ...
- • NGO Projects for Afghan Refugees and Returnees
- • FY 2006 Assistance to Iraqi Returnees and Refugees
- • Assistance to returnees in central and southern Iraq
- More Grants from the Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration
- • FY 2015 Funding Opportunity Announcement for Reception and Placement Program
- • FY 2014 Funding Opportunity Announcement for NGO programs benefiting refugees in Uganda, D...
- • FY 2014 Funding Opportunity Announcement for NGO programs benefiting refugees in South Sud...
- • FY 2015 Notice of Funding Opportunity for NGO Programs Benefiting Nigerian Refugees in Nig...
- • FY 2016 Notice of Funding Opportunity for NGO programs benefiting displaced and conflict-a...