Single-Site Investigator-Initiated Clinical Trials (R61/R33 Clinical Trial Required)
The summary for the Single-Site Investigator-Initiated Clinical Trials (R61/R33 Clinical Trial Required) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Single-Site Investigator-Initiated Clinical Trials (R61/R33 Clinical Trial Required): This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) supports applications to develop and implement investigator-initiated clinical trials including efficacy, comparative effectiveness, pragmatic and/or implementation research clinical trials. Clinical trials supported by this FOA include Phase II and above clinical trials. These trials may include ones that test different therapeutic, behavioral, and/or prevention strategies. Trials for which this FOA applies must be relevant to the research mission of the NHLBI and meet the NIH definition of a clinical trial (see NOT-OD-15-015). For additional information about the mission, strategic vision, and research priorities of the NHLBI, applicants are encouraged to consult the NHLBI website. This FOA will utilize a bi-phasic, milestone-driven mechanism of award. It is anticipated that applications will present the scientific rationale for the clinical trial and a comprehensive scientific and operational plan that describes the conduct of the trial, as well as plans for project management, subject recruitment and retention, performance milestones, scientific conduct of the trial, and dissemination of results. The multiple PD/PI model is strongly encouraged but not required. Applicants are encouraged to include a PD/PI with expertise in biostatistics, clinical trial design, and coordination. Due to the complex nature of conducting a clinical trial, applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the appropriate Scientific/Research contact prior to submitting an application. Staff will be able to assist applicants in meeting the objectives of this FOA.
|Federal Grant Title:||Single-Site Investigator-Initiated Clinical Trials (R61/R33 Clinical Trial Required)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health (HHS-NIH11)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-19-328|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Numbers:||93.233, 93.837, 93.838, 93.839, 93.840|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||September 8th, 2022|
|Original Application Deadline:||September 8th, 2022|
|Posted Date:||August 5th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||August 5th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||October 14th, 2022|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 5th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...