Social Infrastructure Program
The summary for the Social Infrastructure Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Georgia USAID Tbilisi, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Social Infrastructure Program: As part of the US Government's post-conflict pledge for support to Georgia, USAID will undertake a social infrastructure rehabilitation program to renovate approximately 50 badly deteriorated public schools located in minority and geographically remote areas and 7 orphanages selected to remain open as regional centers as part of the Government of Georgia's (GOG) deinstitutionalization plan for children in state care. The activity will not only improve social services to vulnerable groups including internally displaced persons (IDPs), children with disabilities, orphans, and ethnic minorities, but it will also provide short term employment opportunities in economically depressed areas of Georgia which have been hit hard by the Global Economic Crisis and loss of regional agricultural markets and thus contribute to social recovery and stability.
|Federal Grant Title:||Social Infrastructure Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Georgia USAID Tbilisi|
|Grant Categories:||Education Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-114-10-000001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||USAID Foreign Assistance for Programs Overseas|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 29, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 29, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Feb 12, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Mar 19, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Apr 28, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$12,700,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Yana Adelberg Acquisition Specialist USAID/Caucasus Regional Contracting Office 11 George Balanchine Street Tbilisi 0131 Georgia +995 (32) 544-144
- Similar Government Grants
- • Youth Empowerment Activity
- • Country Health Information Systems and Data Use (CHISU)
- • GIR'ITEKA (Be Respected) Health Activity
- • Input into Planning for USAID/Lebanon Office of Economic Growth on Trade and Financial Inc...
- • USAID/Senegal School Water Integrated Solutions for Health
- • Textbook and Learning Materials Program
- • Field-Support Program
- • FY-2005 Disaster Response Initiative in Northeast Sudan
- More Grants from the Georgia USAID Tbilisi
- • Achieving Student Centered Education for a New Tomorrow - ASCENT
- • Living Independently and Be Included in the Community (LIBC)
- • Georgia Elections and Political Processes Support through Direct Awards to Georgia's Civil...
- • Request for Information
- • The Strengthening Physical Rehabilitation in Georgia (SPRING) Activity in Georgia