Specialized Alcohol Research Centers (P50)
The summary for the Specialized Alcohol Research Centers (P50) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Specialized Alcohol Research Centers (P50): Purpose. The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) invites applications for Specialized Alcohol Research Centers using the P50 mechanism. The overall purpose of the NIAAA Alcohol Research Center program is to provide leadership in conducting and fostering interdisciplinary, collaborative research on a wide variety of topics relevant to the Institutes mission. These topics include, but are not limited to: the nature, etiology, genetics, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of alcohol use disorders and their biomedical, psychosocial, and economic consequences across the lifespan. Centers also are regional or national resources that contribute to the development of new research methods, technologies and approaches that sustain innovative goal-directed research. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the P50 grant mechanism and runs in parallel with two related FOAs: Resource Core Alcohol Research Centers (P30) (RFA-AA-10-002), and Comprehensive Alcohol Research Centers (P60) (RFA-AA-10-004). Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. NIAAA intends to commit approximately $4-6 million in FY2011 to fund two to three new and/or renewal Center applications in response to this FOA. Awards issued under this FOA are contingent upon the availability of funds and the receipt of sufficiently meritorious applications.
|Federal Grant Title:||Specialized Alcohol Research Centers (P50)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-AA-10-003|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Alcohol Research Center Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||Dec 02, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 02, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Jun 26, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Jun 26, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Jan 02, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,800,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) .
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Resource Core Alcohol Research Centers (P30)
- • Comprehensive Alcohol Research Centers (P60)
- • Collaborative Minority Alcohol Research Center Development (U54)
- • Alcohol Research Resource Awards (R24)
- • Comprehensive Alcohol Research Center on HIV/AIDS (P60)
- • Alcohol Research Center Grants
- • Collaborative Initiative on Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
- • Research Partnership Awards for Rapid Response to College Drinking Problems
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering Pediatric New Therapeutic Uses f...
- • Environmental influences on Placental Origins of Development (ePOD) (R01)
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Pre-application for the NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Early Phase Clinical Trials in Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions (R01)