Species Recovery Grants to States (Section 6 Program)
The summary for the Species Recovery Grants to States (Section 6 Program) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Commerce, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Species Recovery Grants to States (Section 6 Program): States play an essential role in conserving and recovering species listed as endangered or threatened under the Endangered Species Act (ESA). Listed species under NOAA's National Marine Fisheries Service's (NMFS) jurisdiction may spend all or part of their life-cycles in state waters, and success in conserving these species depends largely on working cooperatively with the States. NMFS is authorized to provide Federal assistance to eligible State agencies to support the development and implementation of conservation programs for listed marine and anadromous species that reside within that State. This assistance, provided in the form of grants through the Species Recovery Grants to States Program (SRGSP), can be used to support conservation of endangered and threatened species, as well as monitoring of candidate species, recently delisted species, and species proposed for listing under the ESA. Funded activities may include development, implementation, and monitoring of management efforts; scientific research; and public education and outreach. Proposals should address priority actions identified in an ESA Recovery Plan, a State's ESA Section 6 management plan, a State Wildlife Action Plan, or address a NMFS-identified regional priority or need. Any State agency that has entered into an agreement with NMFS pursuant to section 6(c) of the ESA by the application deadline is eligible to apply under this solicitation. Proposals focusing on listed Pacific salmonids will not be considered for funding under this grant program; such projects may be considered through the NMFS Pacific Coastal Salmon Recovery Fund. This document describes how to submit proposals for funding in fiscal year (FY) 2012 and how NMFS will evaluate and select proposals for funding. The FFO document should be read in its entirety; some information has changed from the previous year.
|Federal Grant Title:||Species Recovery Grants to States (Section 6 Program)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Commerce|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOAA-NMFS-PRPO-2012-2002999|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Unallied Science Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 29, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 29, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Jun 08, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jun 08, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Sep 28, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$12,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$800,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are state agencies that have entered into an agreement with NMFS pursuant to section 6(c) of the ESA. The terms "state" and "state agency" are used as defined in section 3 of the ESA (16 U.S.C. 1532). Currently eligible state agencies are listed here: http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/pr/conservation/states/. Any state agency that enters into a section 6(c) agreement with NMFS by the grant application deadline is also eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Steve Drescher Policy Advisor
For application download issues only. [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Greater Atlantic Region Marine Mammal and Sea Turtle Stranding and Disentanglement Equipme...
- • Research and Analysis for North Atlantic Right Whale Monitoring and Evaluation of Manageme...
- • FY 2017 Species Recovery Grants to Tribes
- • BREP_2016
- • FY 2016 Species Recovery Grants to Tribes
- • Protected Species Cooperative Conservation
- • Proactive Species Conservation Program
- More Grants from the Department of Commerce
- • Collaborative Science, Technology, and Applied Research (CSTAR) Program
- • FY 2017 Joint Hurricane Testbed (JHT), Hazardous Weather Testbed (HWT), and Hydrometeorolo...
- • 2017 NOAA California Bay Watershed Education and Training (B-WET) Program
- • FY2017 Marine Debris Research
- • CZM Projects of Special Merit Competition - FY2017