State Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment Coordination
The summary for the State Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment Coordination grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
State Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment Coordination: The purpose of State Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment Coordination grants is to build capacity in States to provide effective, accessible, and affordable substance abuse treatment for youth and their families. Grants will provide funding to support a staff position (a State official whose sole responsibility is ensuring the effectiveness of adolescent substance abuse treatment State-wide) and a State process to assess, facilitate, and coordinate ongoing, self-sustaining cross-system planning for effective adolescent substance abuse treatment. Grantees are required to hire and/or dedicate a full-time employee at the State level vested with the authority to convene and coordinate all of the State agencies that allocate public health resources that may provide funding and other support for adolescents and their families needing early intervention and treatment services for substance use disorders. The State adolescent substance abuse treatment coordinator shall also form linkages with other service systems that provide mental health, education, health, child welfare, and juvenile justice services for youth and their families and identify opportunities to coordinate funding and treatment resources across these systems to the fullest extent possible. It is incumbent upon the grantee to create a position vested with the authority necessary to accomplish these tasks, and to hire/designate an individual who has the necessary skills and experience appropriate for the position, including an understanding of the correlation of co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders.
|Federal Grant Title:||State Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment Coordination|
|Federal Agency Name:||Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||TI05-006|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services_Projects of Regional and National Significance|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 12, 2005|
|Posted Date:||Dec 14, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Dec 14, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Feb 11, 2005|
|Total Program Funding:||$7,100,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$400,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||22|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Funding is limited to States, the District of Columbia, Territories and federally recognized tribal governments. Since this program is designed to facilitate State-level coordination of adolescent substance abuse treatment services, only States, the District of Columbia, Territories and federally recognized tribal governments are eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Muck, Randolph, SAMHSA/CSAT/DSI , Phone 240-276-1576 , Fax 240-276-1580, Email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Muck, Randolph
- Similar Government Grants
- • The Substance Abuse and HIV Prevention Navigator Program for Racial/Ethnic Minorities Ages...
- • Program Supplements for Minority Fellowship Program - Addiction Counselors (Short Title: M...
- • Services Grant Program for Residential Treatment for Pregnant and Postpartum Women (Short ...
- • Cooperative Agreements to Implement the National Strategy for Suicide Prevention (Short Ti...
- • Cooperative Agreement for the Historically Black Colleges and Universities Center for Exce...
- • Grants to Expand Substance Abuse Treatment Capacity in Targeted Areas of Need
- • Circles of Care III: Tribal Infrastructure Grants for Transforming Behavioral Health Servi...
- • Substance Abuse (SA), HIV, & Hepatitis Prevention for Minority Populations and Minorit...
- More Grants from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services
- • Drug Free Communities Support Program
- • Opportunity SM-11-001
- • Opportunity SM-11-002
- • Opportunity SM-10-011
- • Opportunity SM-10-017