Strategies for the Protection of Pregnant Women and Infants Against Infectious Diseases (R01)
The summary for the Strategies for the Protection of Pregnant Women and Infants Against Infectious Diseases (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Strategies for the Protection of Pregnant Women and Infants Against Infectious Diseases (R01): The purpose of this FOA is to encourage new and innovative mechanistic studies of pathogens that impact placental function and fetal well-being, with the long-term goal of informing the development of interventions against these pathogens and reducing the burden of infection-related pregnancy loss and infant morbidity and mortality.
|Federal Grant Title:||Strategies for the Protection of Pregnant Women and Infants Against Infectious Diseases (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-AI-11-036|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Allergy, Immunology and Transplantation Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 13, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 13, 2011|
|Posted Date:||May 27, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jul 22, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Nov 13, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,900,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$350,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||8|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Foreign (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Partnerships for Development of Vaccines to Prevent Mycobacterium tuberculosis Infection a...
- • Trophoblast Differentiation and Function (R01)
- • Trophoblast Differentiation and Function (R21)
- • NIAID Career Transition Award (K22)
- • T Cell Reagent Resource for the Study of Allergic Diseases (U19)
- • Center for HIV/AIDS Vaccine Immunology (CHAVI)
- • Genomics of Transplantation Cooperative Research Program
- • Asthma and Allergic Diseases Cooperative Research Centers
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Limited Competition: Renewal of the Longevity Consortium (U19)
- • Aging Research Dissertation Awards to Increase Diversity (R36)
- • BRAIN Initiative Cell Census Network (BICCN) Comprehensive Center on Mouse Brain Cell Atla...
- • BRAIN Initiative Cell Census Network (BICCN) Brain Cell Data Center (U24)
- • BRAIN Initiative Cell Census Network (BICCN) - Specialized Center on Mouse Brain Cell Atla...