Strengthening Behavioral and Social Science in Medical Schools
The summary for the Strengthening Behavioral and Social Science in Medical Schools grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Strengthening Behavioral and Social Science in Medical Schools: The National Institutes of Health (NIH) invites applications for Career Development Awards (K07s) to support individuals interested in enhancing medical education through behavioral and social sciences content and curricula . This award is intended to support schools of medicine and osteopathy at various stages of involvement in behavioral and social sciences curricula. The programmatic priorities are set to ensure that a diverse set of schools are funded with regard to educational approach, size, and maturity of existing curriculum in the behavioral and social sciences. The participating ICs intend to commit approximately $1.5 million in Fiscal Year (FY) 2005 to fund approximately five to ten new grants in response to this RFA.
|Federal Grant Title:||Strengthening Behavioral and Social Science in Medical Schools|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-OD-05-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Research and Training in Complementary and Alternative Medicine 93.393 Cancer Cause and Prevention Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 19, 2005|
|Posted Date:||Nov 03, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Nov 03, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Feb 18, 2005|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.837 -- Heart and Vascular Diseases Research|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply. You may submit an application if your institution has a domestic school of medicine or osteopathy. Each institution may submit only one grant application per school of medicine or osteopathy.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...