Strengthening Public Health and the Public Health Laboratory System of Cambodia under the President s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief Program under the President s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
The summary for the Strengthening Public Health and the Public Health Laboratory System of Cambodia under the President s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief Program under the President s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Strengthening Public Health and the Public Health Laboratory System of Cambodia under the President s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief Program under the President s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR): The purpose is to strengthen the capacity and capability of the National Institute of Public Health (NIPH) of Cambodia in its role as the National Public Health Reference Laboratory and School of Public Health Training Institution with objectives to: - Provide accurate and timely laboratory and surveillance information for HIV, TB and other diseases to inform public health policies, strategies, and guidelines in Cambodia; Establish a sustainable system to monitor and ensure high quality in the public health laboratory network in Cambodia; and Build capacity to design, implement, analyze, and communicate surveillance and laboratory-based studies to improve public health and HIV/AIDS activities in Cambodia
|Federal Grant Title:||Strengthening Public Health and the Public Health Laboratory System of Cambodia under the President s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief Program under the President s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH13-1305|
|Type of Funding:||Other|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Global AIDS|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 12, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 12, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Dec 18, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Dec 18, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Apr 11, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,750,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$350,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The National Institute of Public Health (NIPH) is defines as an Administrative Institute by Anoukret (Decree) No. 91 ANKR-PK and falls under the technical supervision if the Ministry of Health and the financial supervision of the Ministry of Economy and Finance. NIPH as part of the Ministry of Health Cambodia works closely with the other Institutions and Centers as well as with the Provincial Directorates. The proposed Single Eligibility Cooperative Agreement with NIPH is intended to continue CDC's long standing collaboration with the institutions within the MOH. As partners, US HHS/CDC and the NIPH will conduct mutually agreed upon activities aligning with the national and USG strategic plans. It is designed to function as a mechanism to support the capacity building of leaders in public health and strengthen the institute's capacity to provide scientific evidence based operational research as the foundation of health reform and policy. Specific activities using existing national indicators as measurable outcomes will be developed in partnership with NIPH depending on available funding priorities.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office Technical Information Management Telephone (770)488-2700
- Similar Government Grants
- • Provision of Expanded High Quality HIV/STIs Prevention, Care, and Treatment Services in Tr...
- • Strengthening HIV Strategic Information Activities in the Republic of Senegal under the Pr...
- • Supporting Implementation of HIV and TB Services for Epidemic Control in the Republic of M...
- • Advancing National Public Health Institutes Globally
- • To Support the Uganda Ministry of Health to Execute its Core Mandate for a Harmonized and ...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2