Strengthening Regional Reference Laboratory Capacity in Surveillance, Operational Research and Laboratory Diagnostics in the Central America Region Under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief
The summary for the Strengthening Regional Reference Laboratory Capacity in Surveillance, Operational Research and Laboratory Diagnostics in the Central America Region Under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Strengthening Regional Reference Laboratory Capacity in Surveillance, Operational Research and Laboratory Diagnostics in the Central America Region Under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief: Secretarys Forecast Summary CDC-RFA-PS06-646 CDCs Procurement and Grants Office has published a new funding opportunity entitled, "Strengthening Regional Reference Laboratory Capacity in Surveillance, Operational Research and Laboratory Diagnostics in the Central America Region under the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief." $50,000 will be available in FY2006 to fund approximately one award to strengthen the capacity of the Central America Regional Reference Laboratory at the Gorgas Memorial Institute located in Panama City, Panama, to contribute to regional surveillance and analysis to inform strategic planning and decision-making in the area of HIV/AIDS. For complete program details, please see the full announcement on the CDC website at http://www.cdc.gov/od/pgo/funding/FOAs.htm. The estimated funding date is August 31, 2006.
|Federal Grant Title:||Strengthening Regional Reference Laboratory Capacity in Surveillance, Operational Research and Laboratory Diagnostics in the Central America Region Under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-PS06-646|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||GLOBAL AIDS|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 28, 2006 Applications must be received by 4:0|
|Posted Date:||Jul 27, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Jul 27, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Sep 27, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$50,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$25,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this funding opportunity are listed below: Only the Gorgas Memorial Institute for Health Studies located in Panama City, Panama may submit an application. The Gorgas Memorial Institute for Health Studies is the only Reference Laboratory in the Central American region with the current infrastructure and adequate staff to provide laboratory training and management support to the network of Central America national laboratories. The Gorgas Memorial Institute was established by law in 1927, and began work at its present location (formerly the School of Medicine) in 1928. The Institute has a distinguished record of research (dengue, malaria, Hantavirus, Chagas, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) with numerous publications and established research collaborations with various renowned research institutions (i.e., HHS National Institutes of Health, Walter Reed Research Center, University of Texas, and University of New Mexico, among others). In August 2004, the HHS/CDC Central America Regional Office conducted an assessment of the Gorgas Memorial Institute for Health Studies laboratories and the Central Public Health Reference Laboratory. The assessment found that the Gorgas Institute is well- positioned to serve as the regional reference laboratory because of its rich experience in research and the availability of new technologies in HIV/AIDS laboratory services. The Institute has experience in providing laboratory leadership to national and regional care/treatment, surveillance and research initiatives in Central America; is uniquely organized as a semi-autonomous Government entity in Panama with direct control of budget, procurement, human resources and training; has a solid physical infrastructure that offers ample space for the provision of training; offers strong links to local universities in Central America; has a strong collaborative history with international entities; demonstrates a deep commitment to the regional project from the highest levels of the Panamanian Ministry of Health and Gorgas Institute; has had previous collaborations and protocols for specimen transfer with Copa Airlines, a strong regional carrier; and has a solid national telecommunications infrastructure.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
Phone 770-488-2700 email@example.com CDC Procurement and Grants Office
- Similar Government Grants
- • Provision of Expanded High Quality HIV/STIs Prevention, Care, and Treatment Services in Tr...
- • Strengthening HIV Strategic Information Activities in the Republic of Senegal under the Pr...
- • Supporting Implementation of HIV and TB Services for Epidemic Control in the Republic of M...
- • Advancing National Public Health Institutes Globally
- • To Support the Uganda Ministry of Health to Execute its Core Mandate for a Harmonized and ...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2