Strengthening and Expanding HIV Prevention Education among Primary-School Pupils through Life-Planning Skills Education in the Republic of Tanzania under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief
The summary for the Strengthening and Expanding HIV Prevention Education among Primary-School Pupils through Life-Planning Skills Education in the Republic of Tanzania under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Strengthening and Expanding HIV Prevention Education among Primary-School Pupils through Life-Planning Skills Education in the Republic of Tanzania under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief: Secretarys Forecast Summary CDC-RFA-PS06-652 CDCs Procurement and Grants Office has published a new funding opportunity entitled, "Strengthening and Expanding HIV Prevention Education among Primary-School Pupils through Life-Planning Skills Education in the Republic of Tanzania under the Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief." $300,000 will be available in FY2006 to fund one award to the Tanzanian Ministry of Education and Culture to introduce a pilot program in the Mtwara and Ruvuma regions in Tanzania aimed at introducing primary-school life-planning skills (LPS) education. For complete program details, please see the full announcement on the CDC website at http://www.cdc.gov/od/pgo/funding/FOAs.htm. The estimated funding date is August 31, 2006.
|Federal Grant Title:||Strengthening and Expanding HIV Prevention Education among Primary-School Pupils through Life-Planning Skills Education in the Republic of Tanzania under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-PS06-652|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||GLOBAL AIDS|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 28, 2006 Applications must be received by 4:0|
|Posted Date:||Jul 27, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Jul 27, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Sep 27, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$300,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applications are only solicited from the Tanzanian Ministry of Education and Culture. The Tanzanian Ministry of Education and Culture has a very unique ability to conduct the activities described in the program announcement. It has a legal and legislative mandate to support and carry-out education initiatives in Tanzania. The Ministry of Education and Culture has all of the required technical expertise that will ensure the completion of grant requirements, has considerable experience in providing education to all Tanzanian youth, and has an overall goal of ensuring quality, access and equity at all levels of education. Tanzanian Government policies aim to improve quality education and training, expand the provision of education and training, promote science and technology and broaden the base for the financing of education and training. The Ministry of Education and Culture is the only organization in Tanzania with resources readily available for reaching a large number of youth within the educational system. The agency has immediate access to the technical expertise of teachers and administrators at all levels to plan, develop and implement a quality HIV/AIDS educational curriculum. All education managers at national, Regional, District and post-primary formal education and training institutions are required to have a university degree, professional training in education and management, and appropriate experience. Education managers at the ward and primary-school levels have a certificate or diploma in education, as well as professional training in educational management and administration from a recognized institution. The Ministrys existing infrastructure is sufficient to administer the grant. In addition, HHS/CDC Tanzania has developed a mechanism for providing on-going technical assistance to MOEC grantees in monitoring and managing U.S. Government grants. The Tanzania Institute of Education has the responsibility for designing, developing, reviewing, updating and monitoring the implementation of secondary-school curricula and for merging theory and practice in the ordinary-level secondary-school curriculum. The Tanzania Institute of Education designs, develops, monitors and evaluates all teacher-education curricula for all certificate- and diploma-level courses. The agency publishes three major publications that include the annual Education and Training Policy, Cultural Policy and Basic Education Statistics (BEST). This provides sufficient evidence of the Ministrys existing capacity for implementing the program and historical evidence of its ability to effectively carry out this work. The program is within the scope of the Ministrys mission, which is the "Realization of Universal Primary Education (UPE), the eradication of illiteracy and attainment of a level of tertiary education and training commensurate with the critical high-quality human resources required to effectively respond to the development challenges at all levels." The Ministry has a recognized and respected standing in the community, and is credible among the people of Tanzania.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
Phone 770-488-2700 firstname.lastname@example.org CDC Procurement and Grants Office
- Similar Government Grants
- • Provision of Expanded High Quality HIV/STIs Prevention, Care, and Treatment Services in Tr...
- • Strengthening HIV Strategic Information Activities in the Republic of Senegal under the Pr...
- • Supporting Implementation of HIV and TB Services for Epidemic Control in the Republic of M...
- • Advancing National Public Health Institutes Globally
- • To Support the Uganda Ministry of Health to Execute its Core Mandate for a Harmonized and ...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2