Strengthening the Capacity of the Republican AIDS Center to Implement HIV Program in the Republic of Tajikistan under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
The summary for the Strengthening the Capacity of the Republican AIDS Center to Implement HIV Program in the Republic of Tajikistan under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Strengthening the Capacity of the Republican AIDS Center to Implement HIV Program in the Republic of Tajikistan under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR): The purpose of this FOA in Tajikistan is to: Increase coverage of quality comprehensive HIV prevention programs and improve access to the medical services for key populations (KPs), including people who inject drugs (PWID) and sex workers (SWs); Integrate HIV testing, care and treatment into primary healthcare, TB, STIs, and narcology services to improve availability of these services for people living with HIV (PLWH), including KPs; Support ongoing efforts to better understand trends in the HIV epidemic in KPs, including PWID, SWs, and men who have sex with men (MSM) and to collect information about estimated number of KPs to provide evidence for improved decision making.
|Federal Grant Title:||Strengthening the Capacity of the Republican AIDS Center to Implement HIV Program in the Republic of Tajikistan under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-GH15-1514|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Global AIDS|
|Current Application Deadline:||Nov 8, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||Nov 8, 2014|
|Posted Date:||September 11th, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Sep 11, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Dec 8, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$400,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The Republican AIDS Center is the only department within the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Tajikistan that has the mandate to implement and/or coordinate HIV/AIDS activities as outlined below.
The Republican AIDS Center (RAC) will work in collaboration with the HHS/CDC-CAR office to improve the breadth, scale, and quality of HIV and co-infection services available throughout the country. In addition to program implementation, RAC will engage in building the capacity development of organization responsible for HIV and co-infection services in the country. The RAC will strengthen capacity and expand activities in the areas of: (1) HIV and co-infection prevention; (2) HIV and co-infection care, support, and treatment; and (3) capacity and infrastructure development. Awards will focus on one or more of the following activities: key populations (KP) and vulnerable population interventions for HIV/AIDS and other co-infections, including outreach services, needle syringe exchange program, counseling and testing and referral linkages; infection prevention and control practices of healthcare facilities; basic care and support for HIV/AIDS and co-infections; treatment services for HIV/AIDS and co-infections; strengthening strategic information, including data collection and analysis, surveillance, health information management system, and monitoring and evaluation; and capacity building and development of HIV/AIDS and other co-infections staff.
This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) is designed to begin on April 1, 2015 and replace FOA PS10-1016505 which ends March 31, 2015. The similar request was made for the Republican AIDS Center on January 20, 2010 while applying for FOA PS10-1016505. The request was approved.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office
Technical Information Management Section
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 770-488-2756
- Similar Government Grants
- • Provision of Expanded High Quality HIV/STIs Prevention, Care, and Treatment Services in Tr...
- • Strengthening HIV Strategic Information Activities in the Republic of Senegal under the Pr...
- • Supporting Implementation of HIV and TB Services for Epidemic Control in the Republic of M...
- • Advancing National Public Health Institutes Globally
- • To Support the Uganda Ministry of Health to Execute its Core Mandate for a Harmonized and ...
- • Expansion and Support of HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Information, Education, and Communication and Beh...
- • Increasing Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Enhancing HIV/AIDS Communication...
- • Cooperative Agreement for Global Capacity through Internation NGO Partnership
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2