Supplemental FOA MN11-1101: CDC's National Undergraduate Public Health Program: Development of a Public Health Science Training Institute to Increase Student Interest in Public Health
The summary for the Supplemental FOA MN11-1101: CDC's National Undergraduate Public Health Program: Development of a Public Health Science Training Institute to Increase Student Interest in Public Health grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Supplemental FOA MN11-1101: CDC's National Undergraduate Public Health Program: Development of a Public Health Science Training Institute to Increase Student Interest in Public Health: The primary purpose of this supplemental fund is to expand the current pipeline program funded under FOA MN 11-1101 to support under-represented students in public health for entry into graduate schools of public health with special emphasis on the training exposure to a variety of research methodologies in the areas of biostatistics, epidemiology, environmental health, minority health and health disparities, and occupational safety and health, areas where these students are greatly underrepresented on careers in public health science. The specific objectives are to: a) better prepare under-represented students in public health for graduate school by providing a comprehensive educational training program in public health science, minority health and health disparities; b) enhance the research skills of under-represented students through public health research mentorships; c) increase interest among under-represented students in pursuing careers in public health science.
|Federal Grant Title:||Supplemental FOA MN11-1101: CDC's National Undergraduate Public Health Program: Development of a Public Health Science Training Institute to Increase Student Interest in Public Health|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (HHS-CDC)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Continuation|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-MN11-11010301SUPP13|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||September 3rd, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||September 3rd, 2013|
|Posted Date:||August 2nd, 2013|
|Creation Date:||August 2nd, 2013|
|Archive Date:||October 3rd, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$218,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$55,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 2nd, 2013|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants The following recipients may submit a supplemental application: Eligible applicants are those that are currently funded under CDC-RFA-MN11-1101 to include Morehouse College, Columbia University, Kennedy Krieger Institute, and University of Michigan. Applicants must have established collaborations with other academic institutions that educate under-represented students. Applicants must have an established track record of increasing representation of undergraduate students in public health.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Similar Government Grants
- • Epidemiology of Lupus: Longitudinal Studies in Population-Based Cohorts
- • Improving Detection and Management of Glaucoma and Other Eye Diseases Among High Risk Popu...
- • TREST
- • Sustaining the Expansion of the Overseas Health Assessment and Management of U.S.-Bound Re...
- • National Partnerships to Promote Cancer Surveillance Standards and Support Data Quality an...
- • Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Program in Infectious Diseases
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Improve the Interaction Between Public Health Academicians and ...
- • A Cooperative Agreement to Strengthen Collaboration Between the Disciplines of Academic Me...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2