Support Park Programs & Preservation
The summary for the Support Park Programs & Preservation grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Support Park Programs & Preservation: In 1996, the Congress designated Essex County as the Essex National Heritage Area, for the purpose of preserving and interpreting for the educational and inspirational benefit of present and future generations, the unique and significant contributions to our national heritage of certain historic and cultural lands, natural waterways, and structures within the County of Essex in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The Congress noted that the story told at the Salem Maritime and Saugus Iron Works National Historic Sites would be greatly enhanced through the interpretation of themerelated resources in Salem and Saugus and throughout Essex County. In 1997, the Essex National Heritage Commission, Inc. was designated as the official managing entity for the Essex National Heritage Area. The Essex National Heritage Commission is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 public benefit corporation that is incorporated in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The National Park Service at the Salem Maritime and Saugus Iron Works National Historic Sites desires to continue to work closely and cooperatively with the Essex National Heritage Commission in the creation and implementation of education and interpretive programs and the protection and enhancement of historic resources related to three themes--early settlement, maritime and industrial--of the National Heritage Area and the park units, for the general benefit of the people and cultural and natural resources of the region as envisioned by Congress.
|Federal Grant Title:||Support Park Programs & Preservation|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NPS-11-NERO-0067|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Not Elsewhere Classified|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 25, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 25, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Jul 20, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jul 20, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Jul 26, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$183,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$183,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$183,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Peggy Wall Administrative Officer Phone 410-260-2473
NOI Essex Heritage [Peggy_Wall@nps.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • test2
- • Test
- • Other Agency Grant
- • 2014 USFS IP Peru Forest Sector Intitiative
- • Advancing Kosovo Together- Local Solutions
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Assessing, Monitoring, and Documenting the Status of Plant Species and Communities
- • Large Mammal response to wildfire and landscape-scale forest restoration in the Jemez Moun...
- • Terrestrial Monitoring Intern for the Southeast Coast Network of the NPS Inventory and Mon...
- • FY2017 Historic Preservation Fund - Tribal Historic Preservation Offices
- • Collaborate on the Execution of the Annual Work Plan of Blackstone River Valley National H...