Support Youth Internship Program with St Croix River Association
The summary for the Support Youth Internship Program with St Croix River Association grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Support Youth Internship Program with St Croix River Association: This is a modification to cooperative agreement P17AC00454 to add additional funding. The St. Croix River Association (SCRA) became the Friends Group for the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway (SACN) through an agreement signed in May 2011. Since that time, the NPS and SCRA have partnered on a variety of projects and initiatives including: internship program for college students; recruitment of new volunteers; strategic planning, public awareness and community engagement efforts related to aquatic invasive species; land protection; healthy parks, healthy people programming; water quality protection and improvement. The objective of this Agreement is for the SACN and its Friends Group, the SCRA, to collaborate on youth engagement through the SCRA-SACN Internship Program. This program will enhance visitor experience, promotes resource stewardship, and builds connections among the NPS, park resources and local communities. Through this Agreement , the NPS and SCRA will provide at least one paid intern the opportunity to work five to seven months as an aquatic invasive species (AIS) specialist and natural resource technician performing outreach, monitoring and research tasks related to, invasive plant control as needed, generating research management projects in support of NPS field support.
|Federal Grant Title:||Support Youth Internship Program with St Croix River Association|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Other|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NPS-NOIP17AC00454|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 30th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 30th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||April 20th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||April 20th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||May 30th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$54,995|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$54,995|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||April 20th, 2018|
- Category Explanation
- This announcement is not a request for applications. This announcement is to provide public notice of the National Park Service's intention to award financial assistance for the following project activities.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- NOTICE OF INTENT TO FUND - This announcement is not a request for applications. This announcement is to provide public notice of the National Park Service's intention to award financial assistance for the following project activities.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Katherine Borschel
Grants Management Specialist
Contact via Email.
- Similar Government Grants
- • Educational program emphasizing the cultural and natural resources of Glacier National Par...
- • Lower B500 Road Removal in Redwood National Park
- • Historical Ecology to Understand Human Responses to Environmental and Climate Change: Rese...
- • Cooperative Agreement with Golden Gate National parks Conservancy and Golden Gate National...
- • Maintenance of Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural NHS
- • Hot Springs National Park
- • Assess and Report on economic impact of Federal Historic Tax Credits
- • American Institute of Architects cooperative agreement
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area