Support of Competitive Research (SCORE) Research Continuance Award (SC3)
The summary for the Support of Competitive Research (SCORE) Research Continuance Award (SC3) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Support of Competitive Research (SCORE) Research Continuance Award (SC3): -Purpose. This FOA provides updated guidelines for the National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS) Minority Biomedical Research Support (MBRS) Support of Competitive Research (SCORE) Program SC3 mechanism for Research Continuance Awards. -Mechanism of Support. The SCORE Program is a developmental program designed to increase the research competitiveness of faculty at the minority-serving institutions (MSIs), and the research capabilities of MSIs. To achieve these objectives, three funding opportunities exist for individual investigator-initiated research awards according to their developmental level. The mechanisms used for these funding opportunities are SC1 (PAR-08-026), SC2 (PAR-08-027) and SC3 (PAR-08-028) awards for individual investigators. Descriptions of the SC1 and SC2 mechanisms may be found at the NIGMS website, http://www.nigms.nih.gov/Minority/MBRS/. This FOA will use the SC3 grant mechanism, which is the individual investigator-initiated research continuance award for faculty members at intermediate formative stages of their research career who seek to improve their scholarly development by engaging in meritorious research projects of limited scope, and publishing in a given biomedical/behavioral area limited to the NIH mission.
|Federal Grant Title:||Support of Competitive Research (SCORE) Research Continuance Award (SC3)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-08-028|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Biomedical Research and Research Training|
|Current Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Nov 16, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Dec 05, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Oct 08, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Innovative Programs to Enhance Research Training (IPERT) (R25 - Independent Clinical Trial...
- • Maximizing Investigators' Research Award (R35 - Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Institutional Research and Academic Career Development Awards (IRACDA) (K12 - Independent ...
- • Maximizing Opportunities for Scientific and Academic Independent Careers (MOSAIC) Postdoct...
- • Maximizing Opportunities for Scientific and Academic Independent Careers (MOSAIC) Institut...
- • Tools for Genetic and Genomic Studies in Emerging Model Organisms
- • Evolution of Infectious Diseases
- • Mbrs Support of Continuous Research Excellence (Score)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...