Supporting Healthy Start Performance Project
The summary for the Supporting Healthy Start Performance Project grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Supporting Healthy Start Performance Project: This notice announces the opportunity to apply for funding under the Supporting Healthy Start Performance Project (SHSPP). The purpose of SHSPP is to promote consistency in service delivery across Healthy Start (HS) programs and support HS grant recipients in providing effective, evidenced-based service delivery through training and technical assistance. SHSPP will assist in strengthening the implementation of HS activities by providing capacity building assistance (CBA), including ongoing technical assistance training and education to HS grant recipients in the implementation of activities in accordance with the program's four approaches to reduce disparities in infant mortality and adverse perinatal outcomes. The four approaches are to: 1) improve women's health, 2) improve family health and wellness, 3) promote systems change, and 4) assure impact and effectiveness through ongoing HS workforce development, data collection, quality improvement (QI), performance monitoring and program evaluation. Using a CBA model that incorporates ongoing technical assistance, training, and education to HS grant recipients, the SHSPP will: 1) Improve the consistency and quality for content of HS services delivered through CBA (i.e., training, technical assistance, technology transfer, and information transfer and dissemination) for HS staff in the core competencies and concepts central to the four HS approaches; 2) Increase the delivery of evidence-based services and those based on best practices; 3) Ensure that the HS workforce has appropriate knowledge, demonstrable skills and competencies to provide services; 4) Increase data collection and data use for QI, performance monitoring and local evaluation; 5) Promote synergy among HS grant recipients through meaningful collaborations that are aimed at improving perinatal outcomes and reducing disparities; and 6) Support programs in the development of specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely (SMART) objectives, as well as sustainability and succession plan.
|Federal Grant Title:||Supporting Healthy Start Performance Project|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration (HHS-HRSA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-19-050|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||January 8th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||January 8th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||November 9th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||November 9th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||March 9th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,465,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,465,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||November 9th, 2018|
- Category Explanation
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants include any domestic public or private entity. Domestic faith-based and community-based organizations, tribes, and tribal organizations are also eligible to apply.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration
Contact Christina Lottie at (301)443-0543 or email CLottie@hrsa.gov
- Similar Government Grants
- • Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health
- • Collaborative Improvement and Innovation Network on Infant Mortality (IM CoIIN)
- • Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health (Level 2: Enhanced S...
- • Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health (Level 1: Community-...
- • Promoting Preventive Health Services for Women
- • Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health
- • Healthy Start Initiative-Eliminating Racial/Ethnic Disparities
- • National Fetal and Infant Mortality Review (FIMR) Resource Center
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care