Title Iii: Categorical Grant Program to Provide Outpatient Early Intervention Services with Respect to Hiv Disease
The summary for the Title Iii: Categorical Grant Program to Provide Outpatient Early Intervention Services with Respect to Hiv Disease grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Title Iii: Categorical Grant Program to Provide Outpatient Early Intervention Services with Respect to Hiv Disease: The purpose of this funding is to provide, on an ongoing outpatient basis, high quality early intervention services/primary care to individuals with HIV infection. This is accomplished by increasing the present capacity and capability of eligible ambulatory health service entities. These expanded services become part of a continuum of HIV prevention and care for individuals who are at risk for HIV infections or are HIV infected. All early intervention services (EIS) programs must provide: HIV counseling and testing; counseling and education on living with HIV; appropriate medical evaluation and clinical care; and other essential services such as oral health care, outpatient mental health services, outpatient substance abuse services and nutritional services, and appropriate referrals for specialty services. For the EIS Grants, a major focus is on increasing access to HIV primary care and support services for communities of color. Funding available through the Minority AIDS Initiative has improved HRSA's ability to fund organizations serving communities of color to deliver and implement culturally/linguistically proficient primary care HIV services. Funding preferences have been established for organizations serving communities of color that are highly affected by HIV/AIDS in an effort to improve care, and reduce disparities in health outcomes. These preferences are consistent with Congressional direction to maximize the participation of minority community-based organizations in delivering Early Intervention Services.
|Federal Grant Title:||Title Iii: Categorical Grant Program to Provide Outpatient Early Intervention Services with Respect to Hiv Disease|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-05-021|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Grants to Provide Outpatient Early Intervention Services with Respect to HIV Disease|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 16, 2006|
|Posted Date:||Oct 28, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Oct 28, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Feb 15, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$35,638,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||75|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- See application materials Applicants are limited to public or private nonprofit entities that are currently funded Title III programs whose project periods expire in FY 2006 and new organizations proposing to serve the same patients and populations currently being serviced by these existing projects. Grantees must be public or private non-profit agencies. These may include but are not limited to: Consolidated Health Center Programs (Community Health Centers, Migrant Health Centers, Health Care for the Homeless, Public Housing Primary Care and Healthy Schools, Healthy Communities) receiving support under Section 330 of the PHS Act; Family planning agencies under Section 1001 of the PHS Act, other than States; Comprehensive Hemophilia Diagnostic and Treatment Centers; Federally qualified health centers as described in Title XIX, Section 1905 of the Social Security Act; Nonprofit private entities that currently provide comprehensive primary care services to populations at risk of HIV disease; Local health departments; University/Medical Center affiliated clinics. Faith-based and community-based organizations are eligible to apply. State and Service Area of Project Periods ending 6/30/2006 Alabama BLOUNT (AL), CULLMAN (AL), JEFFERSON (AL), ST CLAIR (AL), SHELBY (AL), WALKER (AL), WINSTON (AL) Alabama MOBILE (AL), BALDWIN (AL), CHOCTAW (AL), CLARKE (AL), MONROE (AL), WASHINGTON (AL) Arizona PIMA (AZ) California CONTRA COS (CA) California LOS ANGELES (CA) California SAN DIEGO (CA) California SAN DIEGO (CA) California SANTA BARB (CA) California SHASTA (CA) California SONOMA (CA) California TORRENCE (CA) Connecticut NEW HAVEN (CT) Delaware Sussex (DE), New Castle (DE), Kent (DE) District of Columbia ALL Florida BREVARD (FL) Florida DUVAL Florida ORANGE (FL) Florida ST JOHNS (FL) Georgia BAKER (GA), CALHOUN (GA), COLQUITT (GA), DECATUR (GA), DOUGHERTY (GA), EARLY (GA), GRADY (GA), LEE (GA), MILLER (GA), MITCHELL (GA), SEMINOLE (GA), TERRELL (GA), THOMAS (GA), WORTH (GA) Georgia CLAY (GA), TALBOT (GA), WEBSTER (GA), CRISP (GA), DOOLY (GA), HARRIS (GA), MACON (GA), MARION (GA), QUITMAN (GA), RANDOLPH (GA), SCHLEY (GA), SUMTER (GA), TAYLOR (GA), CHATTAHOOC (GA), STEWART (GA) Georgia GLYNN (GA), CAMDEN (GA), MCINTOSH (GA), LONG (GA), LIBERTY (GA), BRYAN (GA) Illinois COOK (IL) Illinois COOK (IL) Illinois COOK (IL) Illinois COOK (IL) Illinois ST CLAIR (IL), MADISON (IL), JERSEY (IL), MONROE (IL), CLINTON (IL) Iowa WOODBURY (IA) Kentucky JEFFERSON (KY) Lou.........
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772;301-998-7373 or email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- Similar Government Grants
- • HIV Early Intervention Services (EIS Program) Existing Geographic Service Areas (EISEGA)
- • HIV Early Intervention Services Program Existing Geographic Service Areas (EISEGA)
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Part C Capacity Development Program
- • Title III Capacity Development
- • Title III: Categorical Grant Program To Provide Outpatient Early Intervention Services Wit...
- • Title III: Categorical Grant Program To Provide Outpatient Early Interventions Services wi...
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Autism CARES Act National Interdisciplinary Training Resource Center
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Implementation Center for HIV Clinical Quality Improvement
- • Predoctoral Pediatric Training in General Dentistry and Dental Hygiene
- • Home Visiting Collaborative Improvement and Innovation Network: Series 2 (HV CoIIN 2.0)
- • Health Care Delivery System Innovations for Children with Medical Complexity