Tools for Genetic and Genomic Studies in Emerging Model Organisms
The summary for the Tools for Genetic and Genomic Studies in Emerging Model Organisms grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Tools for Genetic and Genomic Studies in Emerging Model Organisms: This Program Announcement (PA) is to encourage investigator-initiated applications for research designed to generate genetic tools and genomic resources that will enable researchers to exploit the full potential of novel or developing model systems for comparative and functional genomic studies. The typical model organism to be considered should have a publicly available draft of the genomic DNA sequence with a minimum of 5X coverage. In addition, it should have at least one of the following characteristics: (1) shows promise as, or is, a model for basic biological or behavioral mechanisms; (2) occupies an important evolutionary niche that may yield novel insights in comparative studies; or (3) has potential as, or is, a model for developmental or disease processes. Applicants are expected to ensure that reagents, technologies, and resources developed under this initiative are made widely available to the research community.
|Federal Grant Title:||Tools for Genetic and Genomic Studies in Emerging Model Organisms|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-04-135|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Biomedical Research and Research Training|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 07, 2008 Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to|
|Posted Date:||Aug 04, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Sep 28, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Oct 28, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Independent school districts City or township governments Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Private institutions of higher education County governments Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Special district governments Small businesses Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public and State controlled institutions of higher education State governments Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible agencies of the Federal Government
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • IDeA Networks of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE) (P20)
- • Maximizing Investigators' Research Award (R35)
- • Innovative Programs to Enhance Research Training (IPERT) (R25)
- • Maximizing Access to Research Careers Undergraduate - Student Training in Academic Researc...
- • Research Education: Initiative for Maximizing Student Development (IMSD) Program (R25)
- • Evolution of Infectious Diseases
- • Mbrs Support of Continuous Research Excellence (Score)
- • Large-Scale Collaborative Project Awards
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering Pediatric New Therapeutic Uses f...
- • Environmental influences on Placental Origins of Development (ePOD) (R01)
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Pre-application for the NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Early Phase Clinical Trials in Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions (R01)