Targeted Capacity Expansion (TCE) Grants for Jail Diversion Programs
The summary for the Targeted Capacity Expansion (TCE) Grants for Jail Diversion Programs grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Center for Mental Health Services, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Targeted Capacity Expansion (TCE) Grants for Jail Diversion Programs: SAMHSA's Center for Mental Health Services (CMHS) announces the availability of Fiscal Year 2005 funds for programs to divert individuals with mental illness from the criminal justice system to community-based systems with integrated mental health and substance abuse treatment and appropriate support services. The purpose of the TCE Grants for Jail Diversion Programs is to promote the transformation of systems to improve services for justice-involved adults with mental illness. One of the recommendations from the final report of the President's New Freedom Commission on Mental Health was for widespread adoption of adult criminal justice diversion and re-entry strategies to avoid the unnecessary criminalization and extended incarceration of non-violent adult offenders with mental illnesses. The TCE Grants for Jail Diversion Program provides communities the opportunity to address this key recommendation.
|Federal Grant Title:||Targeted Capacity Expansion (TCE) Grants for Jail Diversion Programs|
|Federal Agency Name:||Center for Mental Health Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||SM-05-011|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services_Projects of Regional and National Significance|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 24, 2005|
|Posted Date:||Mar 24, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Mar 24, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Jun 23, 2005|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,400,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$400,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- As specified by the Public Health Service Act Section 520G, eligibility to apply for the TCE Grants for Jail Diversion applies to the chief executive of a State, political subdivisions of States, Indian tribes, and tribal organizations, acting through agreements with other public and nonprofit entities to develop and implement programs to divert individuals with a mental illness from the criminal justice system to community-based services. Thus, all applications must be signed by the chief executive of their State, political subdivision of State, Indian tribe, or tribal organization.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Morrissette, DSW, David, Division of Service and Systems Improvement, Phone 240-276-1912 , Email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Morrissette, DSW
- Similar Government Grants
- • Cooperative Agreements for Adolescent and Transitional Aged Youth Treatment Implementation...
- • Grants to Expand Substance Abuse Treatment Capacity in Adult Treatment Drug Courts and Adu...
- • Planning and Developing Infrastructure to Improve the Mental Health and Wellness of Childr...
- • Garrett Lee Smith (GLS) Campus Suicide Prevention Grant
- • Addiction Technology Transfer Center: Center of Excellence on Behavioral Health for Racial...
- • Grants to Expand Substance Abuse Treatment Capacity in Targeted Areas of Need
- • State Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment Coordination
- • Circles of Care III: Tribal Infrastructure Grants for Transforming Behavioral Health Servi...
- More Grants from the Center for Mental Health Services
- • Cooperative Agreements to Expand the National Child Traumatic Stress Initiative: Community...
- • Cooperative Agreements to Expand the National Child Traumatic Stress Initiative
- • Self-Help Technical Assistance Centers
- • Community Action Grant for Service Systems Change
- • Cooperative Agreements for the Comprehensive Community Mental Health Services Program for ...