Teacher Incentive Fund (84.374A)
The summary for the Teacher Incentive Fund (84.374A) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Teacher Incentive Fund (84.374A): Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. Description of Program: This competition is a reopening of a competition run by the Department of Education for FY 2006 Teacher Incentive Program funds. Sixteen awards were made on November 1, 2006. At that time, applicants who were not awarded funding were notified. We encourage applicants who applied previously for this competition and did not receive funding to revise their applications and to reapply. All other eligible applicants are also encouraged to apply. Purpose of Program: The purpose of the Teacher Incentive Fund, authorized as part of the FY 2006 Department of Education Appropriations Act, Public Law 109-149, is to support programs that develop and implement performance-based teacher and principal compensation systems in high-need schools. The specific goals of the Teacher Incentive Fund include: Improving student achievement by increasing teacher and principal effectiveness; reforming teacher and principal compensation systems so that teachers and principals are rewarded for increases in student achievement; increasing the number of effective teachers teaching poor, minority, and disadvantaged students in hard-to-staff subjects; and creating sustainable performance-based compensation systems. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.374A. Applications for grants under this competition-CFDA Number 84.374A must be submitted electronically using the Grants.gov Apply site at: http://www.grants.gov. Through this site, you will be able to download a copy of the application package, complete it offline, and then upload and submit your application. You may not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to us. You may access the electronic grant application for the TIF program at: http://www.grants.gov. You must search for the downloadable application package for this program by the CFDA number. Do not include the CFDA number's alpha suffix in your search. The telephone number for the Grants.gov Helpdesk is 1-800-518-4726.
|Federal Grant Title:||Teacher Incentive Fund (84.374A)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-111406-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Teacher Incentive Fund|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 12, 2007 Applications Available: November 14,|
|Posted Date:||Nov 14, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Nov 14, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Mar 14, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$43,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: Local educational agencies (LEAs), including charter schools that are LEAs in their State; State educational agencies (SEAs); or partnerships of (a) an LEA, an SEA, or both, and (b) at least one non-profit organization.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton
ED Grants.gov FIND System Admin.
Phone (202) 245-6140
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, SW., room 3W229
Washington, DC 20202-6200. <
- Similar Government Grants
- • Office of Innovation and Improvement (OII): Teacher and School Leader Incentive Program CF...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Teacher Incentive Fund (TIF): TIF Com...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Teacher Incentive Fund (TIF): TIF Gen...
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • Office of Innovation and Improvement (OII): Expanding Opportunity Through Quality Charter ...
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abr...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): College Assistance Migrant Program (C...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): High School Equivalency Program (HEP)...
- • Fulbright-Hays Group Projects Abroad Program CDFA Number 84.021A