Technology Development for High-Throughput Functional Genomics (R01)
The summary for the Technology Development for High-Throughput Functional Genomics (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Technology Development for High-Throughput Functional Genomics (R01): NHGRI is soliciting grant applications to develop new and improved technologies for the efficient, comprehensive and high-throughput identification, validation and characterization of all types of sequence-based functional elements in eukaryotic genomes. This FOA will use the R01 (Research Project) grant mechanism and is being used in conjunction with FOAs with identical scientific scopes, RFA-HG-11-014, that solicits applications under the R21 Exploratory/Developmental grant mechanism, and RFA-HG-11-015, that solicits applications under the R43/R44 Small Business Innovation Research grant mechanism. This solicitation continues a technology development effort initiated in 2003 as part of the ENCODE project.
|Federal Grant Title:||Technology Development for High-Throughput Functional Genomics (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-HG-11-013|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Human Genome Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 02, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 02, 2011|
|Posted Date:||May 23, 2011|
|Creation Date:||May 23, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Sep 02, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$5,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Foreign (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • International Bioethics Research Training Program (D43)
- • Centers of Excellence in Genomic Science (CEGS) (RM1)
- • Genomics of HIV/AIDS Drug Response and Co-Morbidities (R01)
- • Support of NIGMS Program Project Grants (P01)
- • Initiative to Maximize Research Education in Genomics: Courses for Skills Development (R25...
- • Near-Term Technology Development for Genome Sequencing - SBIR (R43/R44)
- • Near-Term Technology Development for Genome Sequencing - STTR (R41/R42)
- • Revolutionary Genome Sequencing Technologies - The $1000 Genome - SBIR (R43/R44)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Development of Multipurpose Prevention Technologies: A Strategy for the Prevention of Sexu...
- • Innovative Programs to Enhance Research Training (IPERT) (R25)
- • PDX Development and Trial Centers (PDTCs) (U54)
- • Optimizing the HIV Care Continuum for Substance Abusing Populations at High-Risk and/or Li...
- • NCI Transition Career Development Award to Promote Diversity (K22)