Telehealth Resource Center Grant Program
The summary for the Telehealth Resource Center Grant Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Telehealth Resource Center Grant Program: This announcement solicits applications for the Telehealth Resource Center Grant Program (TRCGP). The purpose of the TRCGP is to support the establishment and development of Telehealth Resource Centers (TRCs). The TRCGP expects to create centers of excellence that expedite and customize the provision of telehealth technical assistance across the country, while at the same time working together to make available a wide range of expertise that might not be available in any one region. The TRCs provide technical assistance to health care organizations, health care networks, and health care providers in the implementation of cost-effective telehealth programs to serve rural and medically underserved areas and populations. The program seeks entities with proven successful records in providing technical assistance in the development of sustainable telehealth programs This funding will support up to five Regional TRCs (RTRCs) serving as focal points for advancing the effective use of telehealth technologies in their respective communities and regions for clinical care. In addition, this funding will support one National TRC (NRTRC). The National TRC will focus on policy issues such as: physician and nurse licensure, credentialing and privileging, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, and private insurance payment policies in the context of telehealth. The National TRC must demonstrate experience with policy issues at the state, local and national levels. In addition, the National TRC will work with the RTRCs to support their efforts. It is the goal of OAT to have every state covered by a TRC. In this funding cycle, OAT seeks applicants to provide coverage for the following states: Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Hawaii, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Kansas, Oklahoma and Missouri. OAT expects all funded TRCs to collaborate with each other, sharing expertise and resources, thereby creating a network of resource centers with the ample tools needed to meet the technical assistance demands in their respective regions and across the nation. TRCs shall utilize grant funds to: provide technical assistance, training, and support, for health care providers and a range of health care entities (including HRSA grantees) that provide or will provide telehealth services; disseminate information and research findings related to telehealth services; promote effective collaboration among telehealth resource centers and OAT; conduct evaluations to determine the best utilization of telehealth technologies to meet health care needs; promote the integration of the technologies used in clinical information systems with other telehealth technologies; foster the use of telehealth technologies to provide health care information and education for health care providers and consumers in a more effective manner; and implement special projects or studies under the direction of OAT.
|Federal Grant Title:||Telehealth Resource Center Grant Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-13-167|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Telehealth Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||Feb 25, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 25, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Dec 21, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Dec 21, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Apr 26, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$325,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Only nonprofit entities, including faith-based, community-based, and tribal nonprofit organizations, are eligible to apply. (Proof of non-profit status is required to verify eligibility.) Applicants must have significant experience with telehealth te
- Grant Announcement Contact
Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772 or email CallCenter@HRSA.GOV [CallCenter@HRSA.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Telehealth Network Grant Program
- • Licensure Portability Grant Program
- • Rural Child Poverty Telehealth Network Grant Program
- • Evidence-Based Tele-Emergency Network Grant Program
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Health Information Technology Capacity Building for the Integration of Medicaid and Ryan W...
- • Poison Center Network Service Area Competition
- • Optimizing Family Support for Families of Children with or at-risk for Congenital Zika Vir...
- • Maternal and Child Health Research Network Program Children with Special Health Care Needs...
- • Maternal and Child Health Collaborative Office Rounds (MCH COR)