The Amputee Coalition of America
The summary for the The Amputee Coalition of America grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
The Amputee Coalition of America: The purpose of the program is to support a national resource center to improve the quality of life for individuals living with limb loss or limb difference, people at risk for limb loss, and those involved in their lives. Activities include raising awareness of and facilitating access to a range of services relevant to individuals living with limb loss or limb difference, removing environmental barriers to health for individuals living with limb loss or limb difference, expanding the knowledge base of proven, successful health promotion strategies leading to improved physical and emotional health for this population, improving the understanding of the true burden of limb loss or limb difference by disease category, injury, and quality of life indicators, provision of social/emotional support, and related educational programs and services related to health promotion, emergency preparedness and prevention of chronic health conditions.
|Federal Grant Title:||The Amputee Coalition of America|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-DD07-710|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Disabilities Prevention|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 02, 2007|
|Posted Date:||Jul 02, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Jul 02, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Sep 01, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,650,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,650,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this funding opportunity are listed below: The Amputee Coalition of America is the most appropriate organization and the only national organization capable of promoting the health and well-being of people living with limb loss or limb difference by providing comprehensive information, resources and referral services because this program: . Is the only national organization that has focused on resource development for limb loss or limb difference, . Has created and maintains a comprehensive national resource center that provides comprehensive education, assistance and referral services to people with limb loss or limb difference, their families, caregivers, and medical professionals; the resource center includes a comprehensive library, a call center, web site, and a series of publications and videos created specifically by the center for this population, . Is the only organization that has created and maintains a National Peer Network, a Parent Support Network, a Promoting Amputee Life Skills Program (PALS), hosts an annual Youth Camp (that focuses on leadership, nutrition education, and structured activities which help children gain confidence and self-esteem), and convenes an annual educational conference.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office
Technical Information Management
Phone 770-488-2700 PGOTIM@cdc.gov PGO Technical Information Management
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Centers for Health Promotion for People with Disabilities
- • Public Health Surveillance of Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism CDC-RFA-DD11-110...
- • Improving the Health of People with Disabilities through State Based Public Health Program...
- • Improving the Health of People with Mobility Limitations and Intellectual Disabilities thr...
- • National Centers on Health Promotion for People with Disabilities
- • Surveillance and Epidemiologic Research of Duchenne and Becker Muscular Dystrophy
- • Cooperative Agreement to Enhance Clinical Practices to Prevent Birth Defects and Developme...
- • State Implementation Projects for Preventing Secondary Conditions and Promoting the Health...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Technical Assistance to Provide High-Quality Voluntary Medic...
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Increasing Access to HIV Confidential Voluntary Counseling a...
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Supporting Laboratory Diagnosis and Monitoring to Scale up a...