The Biology of Estrogen Receptor-Negative Breast Cancer in Various Racial and Ethnic Groups (U01)
The summary for the The Biology of Estrogen Receptor-Negative Breast Cancer in Various Racial and Ethnic Groups (U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
The Biology of Estrogen Receptor-Negative Breast Cancer in Various Racial and Ethnic Groups (U01): Purpose.The purpose of this funding opportunity announcement (FOA) is to promote the systematic study of the biology of estrogen receptor (ER)-negative human breast cancers, the characterization of their molecular features, the signaling pathways and networks that support their growth, as well as to identify differences in the biology of ER-negative breast tumors among racial and ethnic groups. The information will be crucial in developing early detection and intervention strategies. This initiative will support studies on: the basic biology of ER-negative breast cancers and delineation of differences that exist between ER-positive and ER-negative breast cancers; the identification of the subtypes or heterogeneity that exist within ER-negative breast cancers; and the determination of whether the biology of ER-negative breast tumors differs across racial and ethnic groups. In order to address these goals, the National Cancer Institute (NCI) solicits applications from collaborative teams of interdisciplinary investigators focused on characterizing the biologic drivers, including genetic, epigenetic, molecular, and cellular factors, of ER-negative human breast cancer development and progression. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the NIH U01 cooperative agreement mechanism. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. The NCI expects to commit approximately $10 million for 5 years to fund up to three awards.
|Federal Grant Title:||The Biology of Estrogen Receptor-Negative Breast Cancer in Various Racial and Ethnic Groups (U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-09-026|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Biology Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 05, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 05, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Aug 13, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Aug 13, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Feb 05, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$667,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Regional Organizations; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • The Role of Mobile Genetic Elements in Cancer (R21)
- • Development of Innovative Informatics Methods and Algorithms for Cancer Research and Manag...
- • Sustained Support for Informatics Resources for Cancer Research and Management (U24)
- • Advanced Development of Informatics Technologies for Cancer Research and Management (U24)
- • Early-Stage Development of Informatics Technologies for Cancer Research and Management (U0...
- • Mouse Models of Human Cancers Consortium
- • Integrative Cancer Biology Programs
- • Memory T Lymphocytes in Cancer Immunology (R21)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Institutional Training Programs to Advance Translational Research on Alzheimers Disease an...
- • Limited Competition: Data Coordinating Center for Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet (UC4)
- • Pilot Clinical Trials Targeting HIV-1 Reservoirs in Children (U01)
- • BRAIN Initiative: Exploratory Targeted BRAIN Circuits Projects - eTargetedBCP (R21)
- • BRAIN Initiative: Targeted BRAIN Circuits Projects - TargetedBCP (R01)