The Early Detection Research Network: Biomarker Reference Laboratories (U24)
The summary for the The Early Detection Research Network: Biomarker Reference Laboratories (U24) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
The Early Detection Research Network: Biomarker Reference Laboratories (U24): Purpose. This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) solicits cooperative agreement applications for Biomarker Reference Laboratories (BRLs), one of the four components of the Early Detection Research Network (EDRN). EDRN is a national consortium funded to discover, develop, and validate biomarkers for early cancer detection, risk assessment and molecular diagnosis and prognosis of early cancer. The BRLs serve as a Network resource for clinical and laboratory validation of biomarkers, including technological developments and assay refinement. The other three main components of the EDRN are: the Biomarker Developmental Laboratories (BDLs), which have the responsibility for the development and characterization of new, or the refinement of existing, biomarkers and biomarker assays, the Clinical Validation Centers (CVCs), which conduct clinical research on the validation of biomarkers in early cancer detection and risk assessment and serve as resource centers for the EDRN by participating in collaborative biomarker validation studies and collaborating with EDRN BDLs and BRLs; and the Data Management and Coordinating Center (DMCC), which supports statistical and computational analyses, informatics infrastructure, and the coordination of network-wide meetings and conferences. Mechanism of Support. This FOA utilizes the NIH Cooperative Agreement (U24) award mechanism. Parallel FOAs for other EDRN components include RFA-CA-09-017 (U01) for BDLs, RFA-CA-09-018 (U01) for CVCs, and RFA-CA-09-020 (U24) for DMCC.
|Federal Grant Title:||The Early Detection Research Network: Biomarker Reference Laboratories (U24)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-09-019|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Cause and Prevention Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 29, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 29, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Jul 24, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Jul 24, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Nov 29, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER [email protected]
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [[email protected]]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Fundamental Mechanisms of Affective and Decisional Processes in Cancer Control (R01 Clinic...
- • U.S. and Low- and Middle-Income Country (LMIC) HIV-Associated Malignancy Research Centers ...
- • Continuation of the Consortium for the Study of Chronic Pancreatitis, Diabetes and Pancrea...
- • Limited Competition: Continuation of the Consortium for the Study of Chronic Pancreatitis,...
- • Cancer Intervention and Surveillance Modeling Network (CISNET) (U01 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • Pilot Studies in Pancreatic Cancer
- • Cancer Prevention Research Small Grant Program
- • Molecular Targets for Nutrients in Prostate Cancer Prevention
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...