The Effect of Racial and Ethnic Discrimination/Bias on Health Care Delivery (R21)
The summary for the The Effect of Racial and Ethnic Discrimination/Bias on Health Care Delivery (R21) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
The Effect of Racial and Ethnic Discrimination/Bias on Health Care Delivery (R21): -Purpose. This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) encourages Exploratory/Developmental (R21) grant applications from applicant organizations that propose to: (1) improve the measurement of racial/ethnic discrimination in health care delivery systems through improved instrumentation, data collection, and statistical and analytical techniques; (2) to enhance understanding of the influence of racial/ethnic discrimination in health care delivery and its association with disparities in disease incidence, treatment, and outcomes among disadvantaged racial/ethnic minority groups; and (3) to reduce the prevalence of racial/ethnic health disparities through the development of interventions to reduce the influence of racial/ethnic discrimination on health care delivery systems in the United States. -Mechanism of Support This FOA will use the NIH Exploratory/Developmental (R21) grant mechanism and runs in parallel with FOAs of identical scientific scope, PA-08-083 and PA-08-085, which encourage applications under the R01 and R03 mechanisms, respectively. -Funds Available and Anticipated number of Awards: Awards issued under this FOA are contingent upon the availability of funds and the submission of a sufficient number of meritorious applications.
|Federal Grant Title:||The Effect of Racial and Ethnic Discrimination/Bias on Health Care Delivery (R21)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-08-084|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||National Center on Sleep Disorders Research 93.242 Mental Health Research Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 07, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Feb 01, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Feb 01, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Dec 05, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.279 -- Drug Abuse and Addiction Research Programs|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities State governments Special district governments Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Independent school districts For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) City or township governments County governments Private institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...