The Integrative Cancer Biology Program (ICBP): Centers for Cancer Systems Biology (CCSB) (U54)
The summary for the The Integrative Cancer Biology Program (ICBP): Centers for Cancer Systems Biology (CCSB) (U54) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
The Integrative Cancer Biology Program (ICBP): Centers for Cancer Systems Biology (CCSB) (U54): Purpose. Through this funding opportunity announcement (FOA), the National Cancer Institute (NCI) solicits applications for Centers for Cancer Systems Biology (CCSB). CCSBs will be the core of a continued Integrative Cancer Biology Program (ICBP). The goal of the ICBP is to stimulate the development and application of integrative systems approaches and mathematical/computational modeling to cancer research. This re-issuance seeks to continue those efforts, with explicit emphasis on the development of predictive computational modeling. CCSBs proposed in response to this FOA must be designed to address an overarching cancer biology problem and must include three integrated components: (1) experimental systems biology; (2) mathematical modeling and/or computer simulation (both focused on a common basic or translational research area); and (3) educational and outreach efforts complementary to the goals of the center. Funded CCSBs will be expected to interact within the ICBP consortium and with other NCI programs, sharing resources, knowledge, and skills. The overall goal is to establish critical focus of interdisciplinary research that will develop and utilize systems approaches coupled with mathematical modeling to facilitate the understanding and management of cancer.
|Federal Grant Title:||The Integrative Cancer Biology Program (ICBP): Centers for Cancer Systems Biology (CCSB) (U54)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-CA-09-011|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Biology Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 18, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 18, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Mar 06, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Mar 06, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Jul 19, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Regional Organizations; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • The Role of Mobile Genetic Elements in Cancer (R21)
- • Development of Innovative Informatics Methods and Algorithms for Cancer Research and Manag...
- • Sustained Support for Informatics Resources for Cancer Research and Management (U24)
- • Advanced Development of Informatics Technologies for Cancer Research and Management (U24)
- • Early-Stage Development of Informatics Technologies for Cancer Research and Management (U0...
- • Mouse Models of Human Cancers Consortium
- • Integrative Cancer Biology Programs
- • Memory T Lymphocytes in Cancer Immunology (R21)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Limited Competition: Renewal of the Longevity Consortium (U19)
- • Aging Research Dissertation Awards to Increase Diversity (R36)
- • BRAIN Initiative Cell Census Network (BICCN) Comprehensive Center on Mouse Brain Cell Atla...
- • BRAIN Initiative Cell Census Network (BICCN) Brain Cell Data Center (U24)
- • BRAIN Initiative Cell Census Network (BICCN) - Specialized Center on Mouse Brain Cell Atla...