The Medicaid Infrastructure Grant
The summary for the The Medicaid Infrastructure Grant grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
The Medicaid Infrastructure Grant: The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is soliciting proposals from States to develop the infrastructure to support competitive employment opportunities for people with disabilities. Section 203 of the Ticket to Work and Work Incentives Improvement Act of 1999 directs the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) to establish the Medicaid Infrastructure Grant (MIG) Program. Funding for this program is intended to facilitate enhancements to State Medicaid programs and services, to promote linkages between Medicaid and other employment-related service agencies, and to develop a comprehensive system of employment supports for people with disabilities. CMS is the designated DHHS agency with administrative responsibility for this grant program.
|Federal Grant Title:||The Medicaid Infrastructure Grant|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2009-CMS-MIG-0001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Medicaid Infrastructure Grants To Support the Competitive Employment of People with Disabilities|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 30, 2008|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 30, 2008|
|Posted Date:||May 22, 2008|
|Creation Date:||May 23, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Jul 30, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$43,730,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$750,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||25|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Either of the following may apply to administer the Medicaid Infrastructure Grant: (a) the single State Medicaid agency; or (b) any other agency or instrumentality of a State (as determined under State law) in partnership, agreement and active participation with the single State Medicaid Agency. A letter of commitment from the single State Medicaid agency must be included in the application if a non-Medicaid State agency or instrumentality is applying for the Medicaid Infrastructure Grant. For purposes of this grant program, "State" is defined as each of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, the United States Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Nicole NicholsonNicole.Nicholson@cms.hhs.gov
Nicole Nicholson [Nicole.Nicholson@cms.hhs.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Medicaid Infrastructure Grant
- • Medicaid Infrastructure Grants
- • Medicaid Infrastructure Grants 2006 Edition
- • Medicaid Infrastructure Grant
- More Grants from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- • Money Follows the Person Rebalancing Demonstration Grant: Tribal Initiative
- • Support for Demonstration Ombudsman Programs Serving Beneficiaries of Financial Alignment ...
- • Grants to Support the Hispanic Health Services Research Grant Program
- • Grants to Support the Historically Black Colleges and Universities Health Services Researc...
- • Health Care Innovation Awards Round Two